Rugby World Cup

Gaz you will get through. The English are fucked trust me the Aussies will beat them and its all over. This is time for celebrating mate. Never mind the bonus point with your squad I be hoping and praying no more injuries

I was a bit deflated straight after the game. We really should have had the bonus point sewn up at half time. missed a few golden opportunities to score tries.
After a few hours though im just glad we won. The boys looked totally knackered towards the end of the game. They showed a lot of heart and courage again to win.

Got to hope now that our English friends slip up v Australia.

I was a bit deflated straight after the game. We really should have had the bonus point sewn up at half time. missed a few golden opportunities to score tries.
After a few hours though im just glad we won. The boys looked totally knackered towards the end of the game. They showed a lot of heart and courage again to win.

Got to hope now that our English friends slip up v Australia.

I'm expecting England to lose against Australia. What we saw against Wales was a lack of leadership and a lack of bottle. England had the game won but made numerous changes and failed to maintain the advantage, instead allowing Wales momentum. The key moment was when Farrell made the late tackle after Watson had kicked and chased. Rather than a lineout in Welsh territory, that could have led to a try or penalty and extended the lead, it was a Welsh penalty that eventually led to the Welsh try and the momentum swing.

I like Robshaw but in terms of leadership he's no Martin Johnson. Interestingly, I was at a work event and Matt Dawson was wheeled out to give a motivational talk and used Wilkinsons' drop goal video (and the build up) to discuss decision making etc. The team spirit and trust in each others' ability is completely lacking in my opinion. What is telling is that despite Burgess' inexperience at Union, he's been pulled into the WC squad because of his character and mentality... he's got that in abundance but in a different code, and suggests that's something Lancaster felt we needed.

Positively Burgess will be an impact player this weekend and that's where England will be more successful. We'd beat Australia this weekend if it was a test match, instead we're likely to bottle it and lose. I hope England win though, not only because I'm English, but because it makes the Wales v Australia game an incredible event with the possible bonus point implications.

Also if Englnd are to beat the Aussies it is best they do so by 8 points or more so the Aussies don't get a losing bonus. Then the mighty Dragons will be able to lose by 6 and they can still qualify on points ahead of the Aussies

I'm expecting England to lose against Australia. What we saw against Wales was a lack of leadership and a lack of bottle. England had the game won but made numerous changes and failed to maintain the advantage, instead allowing Wales momentum. The key moment was when Farrell made the late tackle after Watson had kicked and chased. Rather than a lineout in Welsh territory, that could have led to a try or penalty and extended the lead, it was a Welsh penalty that eventually led to the Welsh try and the momentum swing.

I like Robshaw but in terms of leadership he's no Martin Johnson. Interestingly, I was at a work event and Matt Dawson was wheeled out to give a motivational talk and used Wilkinsons' drop goal video (and the build up) to discuss decision making etc. The team spirit and trust in each others' ability is completely lacking in my opinion. What is telling is that despite Burgess' inexperience at Union, he's been pulled into the WC squad because of his character and mentality... he's got that in abundance but in a different code, and suggests that's something Lancaster felt we needed.

Positively Burgess will be an impact player this weekend and that's where England will be more successful. We'd beat Australia this weekend if it was a test match, instead we're likely to bottle it and lose. I hope England win though, not only because I'm English, but because it makes the Wales v Australia game an incredible event with the possible bonus point implications.
Ive watched the Wales game back a couple of times now and reflected on it after it all died down. Im convinced that what Robshaw did was not a result of poor decision making or lack of leadership etc; it was an ego trip. Even his flipping girlfriend had been on the fornt page of newspapers just before the game. He thought he would do a Japan and be the hero, as proved by him as a back row player going to the front of the line out to receive the ball. Anyone who has played rugby knows you dont throw to the front in that position, because unless you can work the maul round immediately you are at risk of being shoved into touch, which is what happened.
I too was concerned that Wales didnt get a bonus point yesterday. I really hope that the bonus point England got against Fiji doesnt come into facotr, because it was absolute bollocks. It took 19 replays to award that try at the end of that game. That says everything

Ive watched the Wales game back a couple of times now and reflected on it after it all died down. Im convinced that what Robshaw did was not a result of poor decision making or lack of leadership etc; it was an ego trip. Even his flipping girlfriend had been on the fornt page of newspapers just before the game. He thought he would do a Japan and be the hero, as proved by him as a back row player going to the front of the line out to receive the ball. Anyone who has played rugby knows you dont throw to the front in that position, because unless you can work the maul round immediately you are at risk of being shoved into touch, which is what happened.
I too was concerned that Wales didnt get a bonus point yesterday. I really hope that the bonus point England got against Fiji doesnt come into facotr, because it was absolute bollocks. It took 19 replays to award that try at the end of that game. That says everything

I think the bonus point is fair enough, the angle they found to show the grounding clearly showed the ball being grounded on the white line... most would therefore award a try. England went for the bonus point and were rewarded, Wales could have kicked to touch but instead took the 3pts, they won the game but that call ended their hopes for a bonus point.

I agree on Robshaw, he's made a few high profile errors now. I don't have an issue with going for the try, I think that was the right call. Possession was going back and forward quite regularly between the sides with very few phases with possession being executed successfully. Had the kick at goal been missed, we may have got the ball back but there's nothing to suggest we would have been able to build another opportunity of points. The throw to the front was silly and he should have trusted in his team.

Going back to Martin Johnson in the final in 2003, Matt Dawson was buried in the ruck and he decided rather than play the pass to Wilkinson himself, he's pick the ball up and carry it for another phase (basically diving straight into the ground. That allowed Dawson to get back to scrum half and play the pass. Effective leadership. England were flustered and Robshaw needed to round his players up and get them to calm the game down. He didn't manage to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.