Rugby World Cup

A poxy sport that has tried every trick in the book to generate more interest in this country all to no avail.
Every trick in the book? You mean like how French Rugby Union collaborated with the Nazis and got Rugby League banned and all assets, equipment and facilities of all RL clubs were shared out across RU and handball clubs in the country; or like how Welshmen who switched codes to RL had their sexuality questioned in local Welsh media or couldn't get jobs back in Wales after retirement from playing; or like how the public school old boys networks who run a lot of sport media show the bare minimum of RL and promote RU to the hilt; or like when they pounce on a situation and have a RL man gaoled for 13 days by being absolute grasses...?

Nice to see they've included all of us working class Northerners in the World Cup isn't it? A poxy three games up North all tournament and tickets are a full day's pay, a few day's pay for some tickets.

Why don't England do bit of morris dancing pre match? New Zealand do their traditional dance.
I'm told that Glenn Webbe caused a shitstorm in the early 90s doing this in a tournament that saw Wales veterans play New Zealand veterans. The All Blacks took it as seriously as ever, too serious for a charity vets game, and even did the haka ffs. Glenn Webbe was still pissed from the night before and had a pint before the game, and at the conclusion of the haka he went to the halfway line and got into the half squat position as if to do it himself. Then he started singing "you put your left leg in, your left leg out...." and did the hoki coki in front of them aled up. Caused a bit of an incident, showing how stupid it is.

Every trick in the book? You mean like how French Rugby Union collaborated with the Nazis and got Rugby League banned and all assets, equipment and facilities of all RL clubs were shared out across RU and handball clubs in the country; or like how Welshmen who switched codes to RL had their sexuality questioned in local Welsh media or couldn't get jobs back in Wales after retirement from playing; or like how the public school old boys networks who run a lot of sport media show the bare minimum of RL and promote RU to the hilt; or like when they pounce on a situation and have a RL man gaoled for 13 days by being absolute grasses...?

Nice to see they've included all of us working class Northerners in the World Cup isn't it? A poxy three games up North all tournament and tickets are a full day's pay, a few day's pay for some tickets.

Tedious. All of Union must suffer because of the actions of French Quislings?

If you are upset about games and where they are being played, have a think about how many club rugby grounds are being used. The number is 1 I believe. Plenty of profit for the football clubs though!

On the subject of 'working class', when the game went pro, my team (Leicester) fielded...
A scaffolder, Two beat coppers, a teacher, a furniture restorer, an insurance salesman, two insurance brokers, a narrow boat builder, one pilot & a bank clerk.
Hardly 'Twerps Peerage' Not a Lord or Lawyer amongst 'em.

FF

Union's fucking shite. It's 28 fat ex public school boys watching two other fat ex public schoolboys engage in a kicking contest. It's utter drivel.

You keep importing all these lads from League to improve your game, but you're still light years behind us a spectator sport.

Minority interest sport being dressed up as something important. Any tosser can turn out for a big game but the average league attendance in either code is somewhere between second and third division.
Twickers and the Millennium look OK but the other decent grounds being used were all built primarily as football grounds. - If you want to be picky the prime long term use was going to be football in the case of the Etihad and the Olympic Stadium.
Still it's better than that waste of a fortnight the BBC inflict on us every summer.

Not really a rugby fan, but I've really enjoyed the World Cup so far.

The Japan upset was incredible. They were 40/1 to win before the game I think. Argentina looked like they were going to cause an upset against New Zealand last night too.

Good entertainment so far.

Do enjoy a good game of rugby union, don't like league, but I wish they were not using the etihad have you seen the mess they make of the pitch after one scrum, bad idea.

No not really. If I'd meant all of those things I'd have said rugby union was a poxy sport wouldn't I?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.