Rule changes you'd like to see for 18/19 season

Fame Monster

There's loads I'd like to see but given the way that teams have played against us this season, trying to waste every last second over goal kicks, corners and subs, then any rule change that stops teams from time-wasting would be a positive step. So for me, I'd ban substitutions in injury time at the end of the game. The referees never take it into account when they blow for the final whistle, and 99.9% of all substitutions are done purely to waste time. Klopp used the tactic against us in the Champions League, and Mourinho used 2 subs in injury team recently when he grinded out a draw against West Ham. It really is anti-football. What rule changes would you like to see?

Proper VAR, a clock that stops when the ball isn't in motion and uniform retrospective bans.
Stopped clock when ball is dead.
Do you realise how long the game would be likely to last? In this article;
https://talksport.com/football/aver...r-league-side-201718-season-171127263506?p=19

They give an average time for the ball being in play for each PL team. It ranges from 53 minutes and 34 seconds at West Ham to 58 minutes and 31 seconds at Chelsea (figures taken from last november). So; if you took, say, 56 minutes as a rough overall figure for the ball being in play, that equates to the ball being in play for 62% of the time. So; to have 90 minutes of actual playing time, you'd need the game to last 2 hrs and 25 minutes (if my ropey maths skills are somewhere near correct); I'm sure someone will be on here to correct me! Just to stress; it's a VERY rough and ready calculation! I'm not sure the clubs, the TV companies, the Police or sponsors would be too keen on that.

Last edited:
The stupid rule that there can be no retrospective action if the ref shows a yellow card. I'm certain some of them bottle red cards knowing full well that they won't be judged on it Monday morning.

One thing that really does my head in is when a team that's behind scores a goal and they rush into the goal net to retrieve the ball to hurry up and restart play and the opposition keeper grabs the ball and keeps it off them.
The goal should stand and an immediate indirect free kick given from penalty spot.
A yellow card won' stop this from happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.