Rule changes you'd like to see for 18/19 season

- 50 Mile Rule: Midweek and night matches must not require away fans to travel a distance greater than 50 miles (stadium to stadium). Exceptions must be agreed by both clubs and fan representatives, and if TV moves a game to a slot where public transport becomes inaccessible to away fans, the TV company must put on free transport for away fans.

- Teams who play in the same UEFA competition cannot play each other after or between midweek matches in that UEFA Competition.
Every club is more than 50 miles from Newcastle ;)

As for your not playing clubs in the same UEFA competition before / after mid week Euro games, so this season there were 5 English teams in the CL. So you are asking the computer to not pick them to play in potentially 13 weeks of games as all 5 can potentially qualify for the last 16, then all 5 qualify for the last 8, 4 can qualify for the semi and 2 for the final.
You would be having all the big games played both home and away before the end of January. Sky would never agree to that!

It should be a foul against a player (normally a defender) who shields the ball and makes no attempt to keep the ball in play, whilst simultaneously preventing an opposing player (through shielding the ball) from trying to keep the ball in play.

Every club is more than 50 miles from Newcastle ;)

As for your not playing clubs in the same UEFA competition before / after mid week Euro games, so this season there were 5 English teams in the CL. So you are asking the computer to not pick them to play in potentially 13 weeks of games as all 5 can potentially qualify for the last 16, then all 5 qualify for the last 8, 4 can qualify for the semi and 2 for the final.
You would be having all the big games played both home and away before the end of January. Sky would never agree to that!

they'd just have to have super sundays before the last 16, quarter-finals, semis etc. Just annoyed me that we had a derby stuck between the Dipper games.

There's loads I'd like to see but given the way that teams have played against us this season, trying to waste every last second over goal kicks, corners and subs, then any rule change that stops teams from time-wasting would be a positive step. So for me, I'd ban substitutions in injury time at the end of the game. The referees never take it into account when they blow for the final whistle, and 99.9% of all substitutions are done purely to waste time. Klopp used the tactic against us in the Champions League, and Mourinho used 2 subs in injury team recently when he grinded out a draw against West Ham. It really is anti-football. What rule changes would you like to see?
Totally agree with this. Timekeeping in football is a fucking joke.

For time wasting I'd suggest either halves lasting 30 or 35 minutes of ball in play, or a maximum time allowed for each dead ball; say 10 seconds for a throw in 15 seconds for a goal kick, free kick or corner. Immediate yellow for a keeper putting the ball down for a goal kick then deciding to take it from the other side of the six yard box.
The thing I'd really like to see is refs and their assistants explaining why a stamp clearly visible from the second tier was ignored by a trained official standing less than ten yards away. And adding to this, public scrutiny of the FA and PL for the arbitrary way they retrospectively award bans. And immediate sacking of all refs who refuse to show yellow cards to players who surround them after a dodgy decision. Cards to be rescinded if the ref has to go to Specsavers.

After an incident where a player deliberately stops play, either by simulation or with a professional foul, VAR should review the incident whilst play continues. If guilty after VAR review, the player should go into a 'sin bin' for 10 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.