Rumbelows Sprint Challenge

Brumblue

Just reading something about Keith Curle and seem to remember he was our entry in the Rumbelows Sprint Challenge which I think ran in the early 90s. It was fucking odd.

Does anyone remember how he got on?

Who do you reckon we would enter in it now?

I remember it vaguely can't remember the outcome. He was my fave player so I remember bragging that he was the fastest player in the league when I was at school.

I then remember bragging that Nicky Summerbee had the hardest shot in the league. Think that was on Blue Peter or something like that??

he didnt win.. that tall guy from coventry won it i think.. John Williams i think

Curle won the Nort West version and was favorite for the final.

It was to be run before Forrest v M U league cup final.

Tuned in to watch KC and he was not there, he had been knocked out in one of the two earlier semis that day (so must have been 5th or lower) which were not shown.

Thaksins Love Child said:
I remember it vaguely can't remember the outcome. He was my fave player so I remember bragging that he was the fastest player in the league when I was at school.

I then remember bragging that Nicky Summerbee had the hardest shot in the league. Think that was on Blue Peter or something like that??

That was Record Breakers but apparently is was a completely flawed test scientifically. Think they just had one of them £10.99 nets from Argos and Norris McWhirter with a copper's speed gun.

Brumblue said:

That was Record Breakers but apparently is was a completely flawed test scientifically. Think they just had one of them £10.99 nets from Argos and Norris McWhirter with a copper's speed gun.

Seen that too 86 mph, Fashanu was presenting and tried a 'toe bung' it only got in the 40s.

Corky said:
Brumblue said:

Seen that too 86 mph, Fashanu was presenting and tried a 'toe bung' it only got in the 40s.

Is the "Toe Bung" what he got arrested for in the States?
I've heard it's very painful , if you get it wrong.

Bluearmy said:
he didnt win.. that tall guy from coventry won it i think.. John Williams i think

I think you're right....didn't he used to be a postman before he was a footballer?

Kevcod said:
Bluearmy said:

I think you're right....didn't he used to be a postman before he was a footballer?[/quote

Here you go.

From our local rag....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-non-league-football/2008/08/15/flying-postman-john-williams-is-still-a-handful-97319-21541734/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingha ... -21541734/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.