Running thread

Anyone on here doing the virtual Great North Run tomorrow?

I've got an injury so might just jog it but we will see. They're really pushing for everyone to download their ridiculous app so you have to listen to fake crowd noise and motivational messages from a series of Geordie twats, and trying to make everyone start at one of two specified times. It's only after digging around that I discovered that this is all entirely optional and you can just fill in a form with your times if you want to ignore all of that crap.
GNR not far enough for me mate(insert sarcastic smiley thingy)
hope you manage to push through the pain save your speed for oct 4th.
Not sure I like the sound of this app nonsense, london seem to be hinting at the same, listening to previous winners, celebs and crowd noise. Surely they could just let people log their strava times and save the eardrums the pain.

Decided as I was WFH to run during my hour lunch. Went round Hough End and planned to stop when hitting 5k due to limited time. I only run on roads normally and set off at same pace on the grass. Also I run at 7am usually not lunchtime so temperature difference today could have been over 10-15 degrees increase. Half way round decided best to stop at 4k... My heart rate was well up. I found air hard to come by and exertion was giving me a stitch. Legs were ok, I just didn't want to overdo it in the heat.

Glad I did it in a way. The heat and surface might have just been too much change despite being able to do comfortable 5k and 10k on roads every week for almost 6 months.

Just done my last BRick session, 52 miles on the bike then went running... only managed 4 miles, utterly fucked, bike had a really long climb out of Ripponden towards Oldham and that just fucked me up. Glad the Tri next week has a flatter bike course!!
Fitted one more run in this morning, 5k in 24:45 after a 1.25 mile swim. Ready for Sunday now, hopefully it’ll still go ahead...

Had a family member pass away last month and now only just returning to routine after a horrible month. Feels good to get back at it and maybe the break did me good physically and mentally. Love Autumn and Winter running - just don't like icy pavements. Much better than the heat.

been off from running with issues around the groin/hip area for 2 weeks (adamant its a muscle tear or hernia)

thought to myself this resting isnt working that the doctors have advised nor are the stronger painkillers so last two nights done 5-6k running around.

Aching again and can feel the pain in my hip area but feel i need to just go run.

been off from running with issues around the groin/hip area for 2 weeks (adamant its a muscle tear or hernia)

thought to myself this resting isnt working that the doctors have advised nor are the stronger painkillers so last two nights done 5-6k running around.

Aching again and can feel the pain in my hip area but feel i need to just go run.
Prbably need to give it longer than 2 weeks, think 6-8. Then if not eased, ask for Physio, but might be hard at the min with COVID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.