Running thread

First run while working in office at lunchtime. Really enjoyed 5k in 31 mins along River Thames 15 mins from my office at Hampton court palace and 15 back. Few little blips as locked myself out of palace and office after run due to fact had downloaded old door codes which changed during covid. Then while in shower block realised I'd not brought a towel lol. Will definitely be running it again
Haha sounds like a mr bean sketch!!
I see a few on strava going for a run in their dinner break, how do you get time to eat?

This is good news.

Main worry was them dropping out when I ran (and losing one given I run a lot in the dark winter nights).
In saying that, the only time my current earbuds drop is when I catch the wire with my hands.

I just needed a silver bullet: ones I can use for running, for gym and general music but nailing the sound quality too (rather than buying a pair for each occasion).

Those Jabra look good although your feedback does give me the green light to get the Moonlight Sparks but actually (if these are the ones you're talking about) I may seriously look at the Jabras - these?:

As said above, there are newer versions but £70 for those is an absolute steal.

I see a few on strava going for a run in their dinner break, how do you get time to eatha ha

I see a few on strava going for a run in their dinner break, how do you get time to eat?
Ha ha ha, didn't think about that but does sound like Mr Bean. I get hour for lunch so have banana and coffee about half hour before. 30 mins running, shower then eat at my desk bit later. I manage an IT help desk so easy enough to grab a sandwich and work at same time

This is good news.

Main worry was them dropping out when I ran (and losing one given I run a lot in the dark winter nights).
In saying that, the only time my current earbuds drop is when I catch the wire with my hands.

I just needed a silver bullet: ones I can use for running, for gym and general music but nailing the sound quality too (rather than buying a pair for each occasion).

Those Jabra look good although your feedback does give me the green light to get the Moonlight Sparks but actually (if these are the ones you're talking about) I may seriously look at the Jabras - these?:

I've had those since Christmas and I love them. Great sound and really good battery life. Took a few runs to get used to, having not had bluetooth earphones before, and one fell out when I hadn't sealed it in properly (twist them a little bit when inserting) but they've been perfect since.
The only negative I can think of is that they occasionally lose the connection because I wear my watch on my left wrist and the antenna (??) is in the right earbud. However, it's very rare it happens and only cuts out for a second.

First run while working in office at lunchtime. Really enjoyed 5k in 31 mins along River Thames 15 mins from my office at Hampton court palace and 15 back. Few little blips as locked myself out of palace and office after run due to fact had downloaded old door codes which changed during covid. Then while in shower block realised I'd not brought a towel lol. Will definitely be running it again
Was running not far from there myself when working in London. I was staying in Shepperton and used to run along the Thames starting at Walton on Thames bridge. Gorgeous run in the summer

Reactions: ob
As said above, there are newer versions but £70 for those is an absolute steal.

I've had those since Christmas and I love them. Great sound and really good battery life. Took a few runs to get used to, having not had bluetooth earphones before, and one fell out when I hadn't sealed it in properly (twist them a little bit when inserting) but they've been perfect since.
The only negative I can think of is that they occasionally lose the connection because I wear my watch on my left wrist and the antenna (??) is in the right earbud. However, it's very rare it happens and only cuts out for a second.
Thanks - I'll do a bit of digging but these could be the ones I'm after.
A pair for all occasions.
I don't have a running watch at the moment - my old Tom Tom is on it's last legs but since I haven't run this year until recently I had no need to upgrade.
Still not convinced I need one (dedicated running watch) tbf.
I take my phone with me anyway so use Spotify and Strava off that...the stats...not sure I need them at the moment.

Did think of joining a local running club though (and I know a couple of folks there).

87 park runs under the belt now so that 100 Tee is on the horizon again finally :)

Whether I ever now get back to my goal of a sub 20min 5k is another matter (20:50 is my PR from 3 years ago).
Recent park runs were 33 mins then 28 mins.

Reactions: ob
Whether I ever now get back to my goal of a sub 20min 5k is another matter (20:50 is my PR from 3 years ago).
Recent park runs were 33 mins then 28 mins.
I read a sub 20 min 5k training plan yesterday, says if you were sub 20 in your early 20’s and are now in your 50’s you’ll be around the 22:40 mark, I’m under that so I’m sticking with the theory I was well under sub 20 when I was younger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.