Running thread

After a couple of weeks taking it easy tomorrow I start The Big MS Run Off to help raise funds for the MS Society. In short the Big Run Off is to run as many miles as possible in the month of November with two teams competing against one another for the greatest total distance. I have set myself the goal of running every day in November whilst my target is to run over 100 miles. Eighteen months ago my wife was diagnosed with MS so it’s a cause very personal to us. Not sure if links for just giving are permitted, but I I’ll post it anyway! If anyone would like to donate it would be gratefully appreciated. I will be posting regular updates, unless you all get sick of them, and also they will be on Strava. Thanks for reading.

After a couple of weeks taking it easy tomorrow I start The Big MS Run Off to help raise funds for the MS Society. In short the Big Run Off is to run as many miles as possible in the month of November with two teams competing against one another for the greatest total distance. I have set myself the goal of running every day in November whilst my target is to run over 100 miles. Eighteen months ago my wife was diagnosed with MS so it’s a cause very personal to us. Not sure if links for just giving are permitted, but I I’ll post it anyway! If anyone would like to donate it would be gratefully appreciated. I will be posting regular updates, unless you all get sick of them, and also they will be on Strava. Thanks for reading.
Good luck with the running. At least you didn't take the easy option, and grow a moustache for a month.

Been really busy sorting out my elderly in-laws from home of 40 years to a care flat. One got Parkinson's one in 80s and unable to walk without a frame or stick so hardly getting out. Signed up for Royal British Legion Poppy run and Hampton court palace 10k in November.

Not strictly just running but... after dipping my toes in the triathlon pool previously I have taken the plunge and signed up for a half Ironman in June next year. I can do all of the distances individually (done them many times, although the swim is probably the weakest part) but putting them together is the big trick, of course. Any recommendations for decent training plans?

Not strictly just running but... after dipping my toes in the triathlon pool previously I have taken the plunge and signed up for a half Ironman in June next year. I can do all of the distances individually (done them many times, although the swim is probably the weakest part) but putting them together is the big trick, of course. Any recommendations for decent training plans?
Which one you doing mate?

Staffordshire. I know there are more glamorous venues but I can't be bothered with the travel.
That’s fair enough, I’ve done one up in the lakes, Epicman (70.1) one in Anglesey, sandman (46 miles) and one in Nottinghamshire, Outlawex (70.1) and it’s the travelling to and from which are a ball ache. Do much easier doing the one in Salford quays!!

Did my British Legion Poppy Run this morning as at loose end this morning. Normally around this time of year I walk round few local war memorials, stopping at each one to pay my respects. This morning worked out a 10k route and visited them (running between them). Paid my respects then home and made donation to RBL

Attachments

• IMG_20211103_113742_824.jpg
    IMG_20211103_113742_824.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.