Running thread

Run 22 for the Big MS Run Off, ran just over 4 miles to bring the total ran this month to 102.95 miles, eight days/runs to go.
Well done mate. Keep it going.

We're in Ambleside for a few days. I did a nice 5km around the village yesterday. I'll do the same later today before heading back to Cheshire on Wednesday.

Something to add to Santa's list.

If anyone can claim (and prove) 100 of these, I'll buy you the book personally.
0a37d10295500427e220a1b75b6b6aaf.jpg

Something to add to Santa's list.

If anyone can claim (and prove) 100 of these, I'll buy you the book personally.
0a37d10295500427e220a1b75b6b6aaf.jpg

I saw that book yesterday and it is on my list. Just read ‘Rise of the Ultra runner’ by Adharanand Finn (for the second time) absolutely brilliant book about his experiences training for Ultras including the UTMB. Just arrived today ‘Way of the Runner’ by the same author about Japanese Running. Cannot wait to get started.

The Big MS Run Off - Run 28 - the Doncaster 10K, great event, first one I’ve been to that you get a pork pie at the finish.
Chip time of 46.41
132.29 miles completed with two days to go. Once again thanks for the fantastic support.

Paid to be involved with the RBL Poppy Appeal running this month.

Have to say i hit my target but was surprised by the lack of interest from friends. Only saving grace is family & work helped.

One rant mind you is, still waiting on the tshirt, medal pack.

Claim to have sent out the pack 2 times now since 1st Nov and still nothing!1

Paid to be involved with the RBL Poppy Appeal running this month.

Have to say i hit my target but was surprised by the lack of interest from friends. Only saving grace is family & work helped.

One rant mind you is, still waiting on the tshirt, medal pack.

Claim to have sent out the pack 2 times now since 1st Nov and still nothing!1
I had similar experience re my recent 10k for Parkinson's but raised roughly £200 on day of run after I'd put photo of medal and my time. Currently sitting £849

Finally more-or-less over several weeks of various ailments during which I put on a few kilogrammes and did virtually no running. Gonna head out now and see if I can manage a couple of gentle miles. Wish me luck...
Get one of those booster jabs. I had one last night and the difference is amazing. It certainly boosted my speed this morning as I recorded a quicker than usual time. I felt so much full of energy. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.