Running thread

I’m another one who hasn’t been on this thread in a long time. In some ways I miss lockdown, used to love running with my family nearly every day, if memory serves me right I think I did about 50 days on the trot of doing 5k’s and then averaged about 5/6 per week for a good 12 months.

For me, what changed, was 7 a side being back full time, and also the gym being back open and me feeling confident enough about covid to venture back to spin classes.

I miss running more 5k’s quite a lot, and am certainly going to do a few more over the festive period when the kids are off.

I still never miss Parkrun, but that’s my only run of the week now, as my week consists of 2/3 games of 7 a side and around 3/4 spin classes, which is plenty for keeping fit and the weight from creeping on.

Last edited:
I ran all the way through my 20s,30s,and 40s...enjoyed it but the main thing was to keep up stamina for 11 a side ..and then 5 a side footy.

Ground to a virtual halt now,which has affected my footy and my 2nd love Tennis but keep reading this thread hoping to bounce back into proper training...I do a lot of walking,out in nature..but I know I should be running.
Frustrating.
Walking is just as good mate, in fact can be more beneficial. Go visit the hiking thread…

7 miles this morning, 2nd longest run ever and longest since May, did 3 miles steady, 1 jog, 3 steady. Perfect conditions apart from short but had wet leaves in path by river. Really enjoyed it but standing in pub watching match legs bit tight

Just completed a comfortable 8km, at an average of 6:48. I'm very pleased with this, as I am now 9 days into a course of iron tablets, which were prescribed to increase the iron levels in my blood, after being diagnosed with anaemia.

The anaemia has made me feel very lethargic, and most of my runs would have been interspersed with periods of walking, before the treatment. So it looks and feels like I'm on the mend.

I need to find the cause for the iron loss now.

Gutted . Was well into my marathon training and now been hit with Covid. Ill just have to have the mindset of rest and recuperate
Ahhh shite!! Keep positive mate, youll be back out running in no time, when I had it I did exercises at home just to try and keep the body and mind healthy.
I did a few days of isolating where i would set an alexa alarm for every hour, amd do 25 press ups, 25 raised leg sit ups, 10 pull ups(im shite at em) and various weights.
I found it did help quite a lot, and noticed a big difference mentally and physically on the days i did and didnt do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.