Running thread

Haven't ran since the Alton Towers HM 5 weeks ago, combination of injury, weather, lack of motivation...... however, I got a Garmin Fenix watch for my 40th at the weekend, so probably need to start making use of it and get back out there! Anyone else got a Garmin, and any tips or features I will find useful?

yes I have the fenix 6x pro.

Great watch. I find reddit as a great source of help for me

Generally, yes. It's been creeping up on me for the last six months. Nothing too drastic, and some additional symptoms after I scaled the running down after the marathon.

Yesterday's run was my best in ages though, so the iron supplements must be doing their job.

Hi mate, can you recommend the iron tablets you've been getting?

Haven't ran since the Alton Towers HM 5 weeks ago, combination of injury, weather, lack of motivation...... however, I got a Garmin Fenix watch for my 40th at the weekend, so probably need to start making use of it and get back out there! Anyone else got a Garmin, and any tips or features I will find useful?
We had this discussion a few months back, a few of us have got them but not sure any of us know how to use all the features… too technical for us oldies

Hi mate, can you recommend the iron tablets you've been getting?
They are on prescription, but they have made a big difference. I ran 5km yesterday in 32 mins dead. That's five minutes faster than I could manage before I was taking them. I ran Parkrun in 33 minutes on Saturday and felt very comfortable. Hopefully I can get back to the 27 minute mark that I was achieving a year ago.

I didn't know my iron was low until I had blood tests about three weeks ago. If you are feeling lethargic, and can't identify a cause, maybe have a word with your doctor.

I now need to find out why my iron is low, so I've been invited for tests in the new year. This will mean a camera into my bowels, and another into my stomach to look for any irregularities. I've had the bowel one before. I can't say I'm looking forward to the one down my throat and into my stomach though.

We had this discussion a few months back, a few of us have got them but not sure any of us know how to use all the features… too technical for us oldies
You speak for yourself. I've got Spotify working, but the best feature is that it can make contactless payments. I had my Santander account linked, but have since switched to Starling. I normally buy a drink and sometimes a snack after my runs. No more running with cash.

They are on prescription, but they have made a big difference. I ran 5km yesterday in 32 mins dead. That's five minutes faster than I could manage before I was taking them. I ran Parkrun in 33 minutes on Saturday and felt very comfortable. Hopefully I can get back to the 27 minute mark that I was achieving a year ago.

I didn't know my iron was low until I had blood tests about three weeks ago. If you are feeling lethargic, and can't identify a cause, maybe have a word with your doctor.

I now need to find out why my iron is low, so I've been invited for tests in the new year. This will mean a camera into my bowels, and another into my stomach to look for any irregularities. I've had the bowel one before. I can't say I'm looking forward to the one down my throat and into my stomach though.
Hopefully not the same one, or at the same time or you’ll know what a spit roast is like!!!

Good luck with it mate.

You speak for yourself. I've got Spotify working, but the best feature is that it can make contactless payments. I had my Santander account linked, but have since switched to Starling. I normally buy a drink and sometimes a snack after my runs. No more running with cash.
I always take my card tbh, might get Spotify in the new year for it too.

It's probably unrelated, but mention B12 to the doctors and ask them to check that.

My wife had similar issues with anaemia, took all the pills and they only made a slight difference (she was still getting loads of aches and pains). She's been diagnosed with a B12 deficiency and gets injections for it now - worked a treat and she feels 'right' for the first time in years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.