Running thread

I did have a pair of the NB 1080v11 thought they were great at first, very soft but after a week or two found them to be too soft and they were playing havoc with my knees.
With the plantar fascitis when i first started out I used to get all sorts of pains in my feet and ticked all the boxes for plantar, cant remember where i read or heard it but It was said that a lot of foot pain can come from other areas(its all connected bla bla bla), I started doing maybe 10 mins of foam rolling a day(itb, calves, glutes etc) and the pain just went, maybe worth giving a roller a try for a while?

were they too cushioned?

i've got a roller but doesn't do anything for me, got a scan for my right foot due to the lump underneath

As a rule they say HM time plus 15 mins so perhaps 4.05/4.10
For 1st marathon though target should be to finish
Make sure you do long runs on a Sunday and a medium long run midweek say 8/10 miles and find time for some speedwork or hill reps.

Cheers mate, that's how I'm approaching it. As I said, I've done one before but 6 years ago and then only really picked up running again a year or so ago and have done about 5 HM's but nothing further so staying injury free and making it around is the aim.

I'd be knocking 30 mins off my marathon PB with a finish around 4.05/4.10. Following the Hal Higden novice training plan and doing okay so far.

Wondering whether to treat my HM long run this weekend as a "virtual race" and see how quick I can go, or to just take it easy and tick off the miles...

I was intending to wait until my weight dropped down to 15st before I attempted any running, but it's been 2-3 pounds above this for a month or so now, so I thought I'd take the plunge.
Just run / walked my normal 60.minute walk in 49 minutes. Guess I've got to start somewhere, and the walking & swimming for the last 8 months has definitely helped!

I was intending to wait until my weight dropped down to 15st before I attempted any running, but it's been 2-3 pounds above this for a month or so now, so I thought I'd take the plunge.
Just run / walked my normal 60.minute walk in 49 minutes. Guess I've got to start somewhere, and the walking & swimming for the last 8 months has definitely helped!
Brilliant effort mate

Cheers. Don't feel like I've achieved much today as there was definitely more walking than running, but I guess I've got to start somewhere!
You have achieved more than you would have done sat on the couch mate, everyone has to start somewhere, keep building it up slowly and dont be hard on yourself if you cant run a sub 30 10k by the end of the month

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.