Running thread

Hahaha....

Surprisingly, yes she did.

All that aside, this running club has already opened up a new bunch of like minded people (up to a point as I won't get on well with all of them for a variety of reasons).
Hence why I'd absolutely recommend others trying them and not just for the running.

Yes very true mate. I only moved down here in my early 40s and so although I am quite a friendly person, and often get invited to ‘meet up’ I tend to avoid it as often I dont find a connection worth pursuing.

Logically finding a running club, with similar minded persons might open up a new world of running, more access to events etc.

Yes very true mate. I only moved down here in my early 40s and so although I am quite a friendly person, and often get invited to ‘meet up’ I tend to avoid it as often I dont find a connection worth pursuing.

Logically finding a running club, with similar minded persons might open up a new world of running, more access to events etc.
I’m sure it will mate.

Not guaranteed to get on famously with all of them of course but a mutual respect fir running is a good start.

Only a few weeks in with this new club but already finding connections.

Let us know how you get on.

18k today over the Dorset countryside. 12 degrees down here but felt bitterly cold on the Wessex ridgeway with the wind chill. Reminder of how tough trails are when you add a bit of vert and the weather is against you. Feel as rough as toast so convalescing watching the cricket and drinking copious amounts of hot tea.

Usually I go for a cold bath after a run but today I had suffered enough.
Another cold bath freak? I didn't bother with that either.

But I was on the trail yesterday too with a bit of everything, tarmac, mud, rocks, steep hills, steps up and down. Plus very windy and exposed in parts. Good work out.

Ran two mins faster than last week's Park Run (clocked in at around 25.20 today).
Went closer to the front and I guess I got carried away with the faster runners.
Bumped into a running club lass half way through and managed a hello but she soon put the pedal on.

First time I've felt my fitness could potentially get back to pre Covid levels.
Excellent. Good to see you finally getting on top of your fitness again after last year's health problems.

Stockport daffodil 10k done this morning, ran 8 miles there and planned to take it easy in the race, that plan lasted as long as a utd title challenge and I ended up with my second fastest 10k ever, absolutely buzzing after that, Ive upped my weekly mileage lately and it paid a bih dividend today..... Well that and the cold shower before and after the race!! Screenshot_20220130_140642.jpg

Excellent. Good to see you finally getting on top of your fitness again after last year's health problems.
Thanks mate - yes, past few weeks has definitely seen an overall improvement.

Just need to keep at it for a few months now and get my speed (and that glide you get with running eventually).

Reactions: ob
Stockport daffodil 10k done this morning, ran 8 miles there and planned to take it easy in the race, that plan lasted as long as a utd title challenge and I ended up with my second fastest 10k ever, absolutely buzzing after that, Ive upped my weekly mileage lately and it paid a bih dividend today..... Well that and the cold shower before and after the race!! View attachment 35485
That's a very good result in my book. Purely down to hard training and smart racing I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.