Running thread

Post a review Gaz and tag me. Just got a pair of zero drop Altra Superior 5s. Want to transition to zero drops or at least make my legs a little more versatile and injury resistant.
OK so I've had a couple of runs now in the tecton x. I did 11 hungover miles in them on Sunday and to be fair they probably got me that far, as it was a struggle!!
Tried them again yesterday morning in better nick, as I have said they are comfy, but not too comfy once you get going, plenty of ground feel etc, I've seen reviews where folk have said they so good they using them on roads as well, sorry but that sounds like bullshit to me, maybe I'm just used to better road shoes, but they feel just OK on the hard stuff, certainly not worth splashing the price they cost just for road use.
However once you get on the trails they do kind of come alive, across the grass they are superb and you do feel a lot of bounce in the green stuff, I tried a bit of speed across rocky terrain for a mile or so, and boy do they perform well, sooo fast, I knocked over a minute of my previous strava segment times and wasn't going full hammer, and didn't have the feel of the rocks digging into my feet either...bliss!!!
I think with the carbon plates, they maybe needed a few miles to break in, as the bounce and energy return did come more on my second run, I reckon you could run a lot of miles in them and they would help "save" your legs a bit.
The only thing I can compare them to is maybe the salomon ultra glides, but maybe they a bit more springy for obvious reasons. Worth the cash? Maybe, only a maybe from me so far, oh and definitely go half a size up

Just back from another successful 6kish run. Don't know exactly how far I ran or in what time as I don't do tech, but the important thing is that I enjoyed it & feel better for it.
Don't worry about exact times or distances unless you are really pushing for quick times or PB. If you run for roughly 30 minutes a day or 3 hours a week say, and enjoy it, then that can be a good base.

Since my last post I've tried to keep up the momentum. Managed roughly 3.5k every other day with the exception of weekends, though I'm not against changing that in the future. On the "off" days I've been going to the gym too and doing some light weights but also been doing warm up/down on the treadmill, so I guess its not untrue to say I've been running/jogging daily. I've been trying to do my runs without pausing to walk and am managing to do that via a careful pace and this helps me to not get out of puff too.

OK so I've had a couple of runs now in the tecton x. I did 11 hungover miles in them on Sunday and to be fair they probably got me that far, as it was a struggle!!
Tried them again yesterday morning in better nick, as I have said they are comfy, but not too comfy once you get going, plenty of ground feel etc, I've seen reviews where folk have said they so good they using them on roads as well, sorry but that sounds like bullshit to me, maybe I'm just used to better road shoes, but they feel just OK on the hard stuff, certainly not worth splashing the price they cost just for road use.
However once you get on the trails they do kind of come alive, across the grass they are superb and you do feel a lot of bounce in the green stuff, I tried a bit of speed across rocky terrain for a mile or so, and boy do they perform well, sooo fast, I knocked over a minute of my previous strava segment times and wasn't going full hammer, and didn't have the feel of the rocks digging into my feet either...bliss!!!
I think with the carbon plates, they maybe needed a few miles to break in, as the bounce and energy return did come more on my second run, I reckon you could run a lot of miles in them and they would help "save" your legs a bit.
The only thing I can compare them to is maybe the salomon ultra glides, but maybe they a bit more springy for obvious reasons. Worth the cash? Maybe, only a maybe from me so far, oh and definitely go half a size up
They sound ah'reet them lad. But I'll stick to me clogs. Specially on't cobbles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.