Running thread

Plenty of time - I went from virtually nothing to first marathon in less than a year. Good luck! let us know how the training goes.

Just keep going and you'll get there. Remember though: when the levee breaks, you have no place to go.
Thank you. Pick the new running shoes up at the weekend, then start next week.

Did the Yorkshire Marathon twice, in 2018 and 2019. Last one nearly killed me off.

Hardest part now will be getting the mojo back to run regularly.

Don't worry about exact times or distances unless you are really pushing for quick times or PB. If you run for roughly 30 minutes a day or 3 hours a week say, and enjoy it, then that can be a good base.
I'm not currently fast, but know I have the core fitness to run 5-6k slowly, so going to do it when I feel like doing it, and try to run a Parkrun each Saturday.

I'm not currently fast, but know I have the core fitness to run 5-6k slowly, so going to do it when I feel like doing it, and try to run a Parkrun each Saturday.
That's a good tactic for building up your running regime.

The key is enjoyment. I try to run five times a week, and push myself for a faster time at the Parkrun. Running in nice weather is also a bonus, especially if you're running at a comfortable pace. My running is mainly for fitness purposes, but it also gives me a break from the wife.

The key is enjoyment. I try to run five times a week, and push myself for a faster time at the Parkrun. Running in nice weather is also a bonus, especially if you're running at a comfortable pace. My running is mainly for fitness purposes, but it also gives me a break from the wife.

I like to alternate between running & swimming as I enjoy both. Especially enjoy lido swims this time of year.

That sounds a bit like the 80/20 principle of running which many experts recommend. 80 percent easy and 20 percent hard. Good method to follow.

So struggling with running lately :(

Parkrun tommorow. Need to kickstart again.

Not sure if you do mate and I know time is always a factor but mix up your running routes, terrain,speed etc. Really helps to keep you motivated especially if you often run on the roads and change to the trails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.