Running thread

Just beware about who you compare yourself to on there. Could be some abnormal ultra distance types who typically train at 4.00 a.m. gaz76 can give you more details...........
I’ll be sure to keep an eye on those types….

I’m just interested to broaden where and when I run and if there are any groups interested in running together.

Off to do a lap or two at the conti thunder run this weekend, just hoping the weather holds.

I've found I've really become dependant on roads and cold.

Last month or so I've started running in afternoons rather than strictly 7am. I'm reaching 10-15 degrees more in terms of temps and I've also hit the off-road runs on fields and also down by the river Mersey (Chorlton/Didsbury way). Went out in 24c down near river (stones/sand/mud/grass) and I stopped at 5k mark (despite the fact I've been doing 10ks for over a year now). Felt not right after I took a steep flight of steps to get off the Mersey trail (something I've never had to do with road running).

I know it's doing me good to switch up. If I don't and decide to say Manchester 10k event and it gets hot I need to prepped or if I decide to eventually do Tatton I need a varied run plan.

I've found I've really become dependant on roads and cold.

Last month or so I've started running in afternoons rather than strictly 7am. I'm reaching 10-15 degrees more in terms of temps and I've also hit the off-road runs on fields and also down by the river Mersey (Chorlton/Didsbury way). Went out in 24c down near river (stones/sand/mud/grass) and I stopped at 5k mark (despite the fact I've been doing 10ks for over a year now). Felt not right after I took a steep flight of steps to get off the Mersey trail (something I've never had to do with road running).

I know it's doing me good to switch up. If I don't and decide to say Manchester 10k event and it gets hot I need to prepped or if I decide to eventually do Tatton I need a varied run plan.
I follow a plan to a certain degree and use goandrace.com. You can put in your target time and date of race and will give you a really varied plan, including slow runs, tempos, intervals etc. Doesn’t say on what surface but I’ve done a variety of road, trail and even treadmill when the temp has been too hot outside as the gym is supposedly ai conditioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.