Running thread

I got some energy gels with sodium, and I take one of these at the half way point of my long runs, with water. I take water on the way round, and three additional regular gels.

I try to finish my runs near a shop, and I often get a drink at the end, sometimes a sandwich, followed by a 1km walk home during which I stretch and stuff.

It's not a big problem really. Just on a couple of occasions I've felt quite bad. A few weeks ago I felt about to faint whilst showering, so I quickly dried off and lay down and felt much better. As I say though, I don't think it's a serious issue - just something to try and avoid if possible.
I think you need more salt/electrolytes in your drink. Give that a whirl

I stupidly agreed to play footie last week and thought I was 20 again. Ended up twisting my ankle (I also forgot about the different muscles you need to use for footie, I was aching for a 3 or 4 days).
Anyway it put a dent on my training plans for the marathon but after a weeks recovery I’m back. Done a 5 mile yesterday , followed by 8 today. This weeks target is 5,8,5 and 16 mile runs. I’m slightly behind on my plan but need to step into gear now. I’m forgetting about time targets and just hope to complete the race.

I've just had my start details for the Manchester Marathon.

Start Access Time: 11:10am to 11:20am
Wave: Blue B
Approximate Start Time: 11:50am

I'll finish between 5pm and 6pm. I'm hoping for a cool dry day.

Just got mine through as well, cant remember what estimated finish time I put down, approx start time 10. 30, crackers how far apart they spreading the starters

Look after my girlfriend mate then please as she’s in your allocated time slot, an hour after mine and she’s moaning about it, a lot.

Got my approximate start time as 10:50 for Manchester. Im pretty sure I predicted a 3:30 - 3:45 finish so seems quite late?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.