Running thread

18 miler for me on Sunday before my 20 miler the week after. This is big test for me now. Only ever done an 18 miler once.
After reading some advice on here I have ditched my plans to aim for sub 4 hour for my first marathon and try to enjoy the race. I'll be really happy to finish within 4 and a half hours though, I think that is a realistic time but I just want to finish first and foremost.
Out this morning hoping to do 18 plus… been almost 2 years since I’ve ran this distance so fingers crossed it goes well otherwise I’ll be winging it on the day.

Good luck with the long runs lads, Im doing mine tomorrow, dreading it tbh, its all just a mental battle, but I suppose thats why you feel good after it. Mind over matter, or something along those lines!!
Dreading it ? You must be joking. What happened to the Gaz that used to run marathons at 4 am before work a couple of times a week ?!!!. Ha.

Re your last post about the half marathon on at the same time. It reminds me of Preston guild marathon in 2012 where the tail end of the half marathon was finishing near the front end of the marathon. At about 22 miles I encountered the half marathon stragglers and it certainty gave me boost to overtake dozens of half marathoners. My strongest finish to a marathon in the pissing rain which seemed to help too.

Dreading it ? You must be joking. What happened to the Gaz that used to run marathons at 4 am before work a couple of times a week ?!!!. Ha.

Re your last post about the half marathon on at the same time. It reminds me of Preston guild marathon in 2012 where the tail end of the half marathon was finishing near the front end of the marathon. At about 22 miles I encountered the half marathon stragglers and it certainty gave me boost to overtake dozens of half marathoners. My strongest finish to a marathon in the pissing rain which seemed to help too.
Im still at the early morning runs mate, training was going okish, then went to a festival and got pissed for four days straight, struggling to get it back now, booze and running dont mix well for me.

This morning was the Great North Run and I must say, I was very impressed. Superb organisation and a HUGE event. It's a different route this year; I would describe it as 'gently undulating' - you seemed to be always going up or downhill. The support and general atmosphere were superb. Red Arrows overhead as well. Recommended for anyone interested in running a half marathon. I would like to enter again and do the more traditional route to South Shields.

This morning was the Great North Run and I must say, I was very impressed. Superb organisation and a HUGE event. It's a different route this year; I would describe it as 'gently undulating' - you seemed to be always going up or downhill. The support and general atmosphere were superb. Red Arrows overhead as well. Recommended for anyone interested in running a half marathon. I would like to enter again and do the more traditional route to South Shields.
Think I will give it a bash next year mate, was it a ballot? Or can you just enter?

Think I will give it a bash next year mate, was it a ballot? Or can you just enter?
Can't remember cos I entered 2 or 3 years ago then had to defer cos I got bad tonsillitis... then Covid happened.

It is a ballot, however I'm sure that you're a lot more likely to get a place compared to London. I just Googled it and the ballot for 2022 opens in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.