Running thread

Booked my train for the london marathon today, anyone recommend somewhere to stay that will be near a decent boozer to watch the match after it?
I always used to watch on the big screen at The World's End (Finsbury Park branch) although it was back in the day and it's an Arsenal pub...

I normally stay around Kings Cross when I visit London these days as so many tube lines go through there, you can get pretty much anywhere with minimal hassle.

I always used to watch on the big screen at The World's End (Finsbury Park branch) although it was back in the day and it's an Arsenal pub...

I normally stay around Kings Cross when I visit London these days as so many tube lines go through there, you can get pretty much anywhere with minimal hassle.
Thanks mate, Ive spotted a hotel pretty much in trafalgar square which aint too bad, thinking I can just walk back from the finish line, quick shower and on with the rehydrating

I've had to rest up this week due to suspect Extensor Tendonitis. Felt great after my run last Sunday. Looks like I've lost all my momentum and cant continue with my training program for the marathon. All I can do the R-I-C-E Method.

Thanks mate, Ive spotted a hotel pretty much in trafalgar square which aint too bad, thinking I can just walk back from the finish line, quick shower and on with the rehydrating
Loads of bars round there, big sports bar on Haymarket about 5-10 min walk away. Any amount of screens. O'Neills just off Leicester Square, Philomena's past Covent Garden are 3 I've regularly watched football in. Loads more in side streets

I've had to rest up this week due to suspect Extensor Tendonitis. Felt great after my run last Sunday. Looks like I've lost all my momentum and cant continue with my training program for the marathon. All I can do the R-I-C-E Method.
Hope the momentum comes back mate, totally different but I spent 4 days pissed as a newt at a festival a few weeks back and struggled to get my momentum back for about a week after, its back now you just have to give it time bud, and dont get drunk!!!

Loads of bars round there, big sports bar on Haymarket about 5-10 min walk away. Any amount of screens. O'Neills just off Leicester Square, Philomena's past Covent Garden are 3 I've regularly watched football in. Loads more in side streets
Cheers ob, thats 3 bars for me to fall out of, usually about a par!!

Reactions: ob
My longest training long run, and my longest ever run completed today - 33km, or 20.5 miles, in 4 hours, 19 minutes. I'm very pleased with that. Could I add another 9km to this distance? Yes, I think so. Sheer determination will see me through on 10 October.

I started at 7:30am, and it was lovely and sunny. It remained sunny for the whole run, and it gradually warmed up throughout the morning.

For fuelling, I took four SIS gels with me, and took them at 6km intervals. I started the day with a protein bar, and had another after 10km. I don't find these easy to swallow though, so I will probably avoid in future. I also took five SaltSticks tablets to replace electrolytes during the run. I thought these would be very salty, but they aren't. They taste very nice.

I ran around Rostherne and through Mere and Bucklow Hill before coming to the Kilton Inn near High Legh. I spotted an outside tap. Unfortunately, it was not working, so I had another 4km to go before my first water break, at High Legh Garden Centre.

The route was fairly flat after this, and I got into a nice rhythm before stopping at my next water break at Poplar 2000 services. I had M&S version of Lipton's Peach Tea - so refreshing.

Finishing straight now, through some fields and along the Trans Pennine Trail to end back at Co-op in Heatley Mere for another drink and some chicken pieces, and a 1km walk home.

I'm suitably shattered, but confident of being able to complete my first Marathon. On checking my split times, my fastest lap was the 8th kilometer, at 6 minutes 50 seconds. My second fastest was the 33rd kilometer, which took 7 minutes and 3 seconds, which was a surprise.

We're off to Cornwall tomorrow for the week, so my running will be curtailed. I need some rest though.

Three weeks to go!

My longest training long run, and my longest ever run completed today - 33km, or 20.5 miles, in 4 hours, 19 minutes. I'm very pleased with that. Could I add another 9km to this distance? Yes, I think so. Sheer determination will see me through on 10 October.

I started at 7:30am, and it was lovely and sunny. It remained sunny for the whole run, and it gradually warmed up throughout the morning.

For fuelling, I took four SIS gels with me, and took them at 6km intervals. I started the day with a protein bar, and had another after 10km. I don't find these easy to swallow though, so I will probably avoid in future. I also took five SaltSticks tablets to replace electrolytes during the run. I thought these would be very salty, but they aren't. They taste very nice.

I ran around Rostherne and through Mere and Bucklow Hill before coming to the Kilton Inn near High Legh. I spotted an outside tap. Unfortunately, it was not working, so I had another 4km to go before my first water break, at High Legh Garden Centre.

The route was fairly flat after this, and I got into a nice rhythm before stopping at my next water break at Poplar 2000 services. I had M&S version of Lipton's Peach Tea - so refreshing.

Finishing straight now, through some fields and along the Trans Pennine Trail to end back at Co-op in Heatley Mere for another drink and some chicken pieces, and a 1km walk home.

I'm suitably shattered, but confident of being able to complete my first Marathon. On checking my split times, my fastest lap was the 8th kilometer, at 6 minutes 50 seconds. My second fastest was the 33rd kilometer, which took 7 minutes and 3 seconds, which was a surprise.

We're off to Cornwall tomorrow for the week, so my running will be curtailed. I need some rest though.

Three weeks to go!
Nice work mate, sounds like your training is going well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.