Running thread

Thanks for the tip mate, I dont really intend on following a pacer at london, but as you probably know yourself its easy to fall into it when your in the race. My main thing is to not go off too fast but not go out too slow!! Not asking much there!!
No pacers at London this year anyway. I think they had to agree to all sorts of conditions months ago when planning to ensure they got to run it and pacers was one thing they got rid of (creating clusters of runners?) The bag lorries are gone too which is a bit of a pain as anything you have with you when you travel to the start now either has to come with you on the run or be abandoned.

No pacers at London this year anyway. I think they had to agree to all sorts of conditions months ago when planning to ensure they got to run it and pacers was one thing they got rid of (creating clusters of runners?) The bag lorries are gone too which is a bit of a pain as anything you have with you when you travel to the start now either has to come with you on the run or be abandoned.
Thanks emms had seen there might not be any pacers, which is probably better for me personally, can try and run my own race.
Yep Ive got my bag, Ive spotted a lot of folk online saying what they have in the bags, but none Ive seen have a towel in there, think as its looking like a wet one a towel might be well needed.
Have a great race @Emms

Using a pacer is cheating anyway, half of the challenge is getting your pace right at a race. @gaz76 uses those ‘cheat’ shoes aswell. The lads one step away from going around on an e-scooter and passing it off as a PB.

Yeah they recycle all the stuff they can which is left at the start. Just get old stuff you no longer use and take that off when ready. Even in the actual start pen minutes before you go there will be areas to dump clothes so you can leave it till just before you run to strip down.

Thanks, I had heard that was the case. Not seen it mentioned on the Manchester Marathon literature, but will plan on the basis they are available.

Well done those completing marathons and other runs this weekend. My tapering is going well. 13km today, a couple of short runs in the coming week, and I'm good to go next Sunday.

My start time is 11:50am, which I'm pleased with. I'm just reading up on what foods to eat this week and next Sunday. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Well I got round at London but not quite how I planned. It was cold early on and I went off a bit quick but felt ok and was resigned to slowing second half. Knee niggle started playing on my mind after Tower Bridge so I just let the pace slowly decline and finished at a crawl. Knee in agony today but all worth it for the fun and fundraising involved. A race of two halves but It was nice not to be able to worry about time and just enjoy the crowds as I pootled to the finish in the sun. 3:48:59

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.