Running thread

What's all this then? The early morning cold shower freak show?
Freak show? Thats not very pleasant mate, some folk do it differently some folk enjoy a nice long bubble bath with their ducks each to their own I say. Although looking around nowadays it takes some going to be a genuine "freak", I will happily take that badge!!

Sounds like your well on track mate, keep at the cold showers they definitely worth it.
I keep uming and arring about joining a running club, I see lots of folks get big improvements when they do, I kind of like my early morning runs too much though, if only there was a club that had their training at 4.30am.
I’m absolutely not a morning person & would feel like lead at that time but can see the benefit in running first thing.

Give a club a go mate. I’ve only been to three sessions so far (one group street run & two tracks) but they’re a bunch of lovely folk (so add in the social benefits too).

Freak show? Thats not very pleasant mate, some folk do it differently some folk enjoy a nice long bubble bath with their ducks each to their own I say. Although looking around nowadays it takes some going to be a genuine "freak", I will happily take that badge!!
Join the club.

I’m absolutely not a morning person & would feel like lead at that time but can see the benefit in running first thing.

Give a club a go mate. I’ve only been to three sessions so far (one group street run & two tracks) but they’re a bunch of lovely folk (so add in the social benefits too).
Running club could be a good idea actually. Always been a lone runner apart from work mates that trained / raced with...years ago now...gone in the mists of time, pandemic, redundancies etc.

Was in cycling club when I raced, again many years ago. Very competitive....

Joining run club is best thing i've done, only a group of 6-8 of us but you really push yourself that you wouldn't do by self.

My last track session was 1x 800, 2x600, 3x,400, 1x200 and you had to beat your previous time each one.

Return to running going ok.

Still struggling with full cardio even though I’m lifting/doing way more in the gym than pre me having covid.

Actually I’ll be joined a running club & the two track sessions I’ve had have been brilliant. Thought I’d hate them but it’s given me a real boost.

Potential over the next few months to get that sub 20min 5k (PB 20:50 currently clocking in 28 min park runs :( )

Funnily enough I’ve just started cold showers in January (a min at the end of a warm shower to start me off).
My PB's 20:51 which was set running the virtual bluemoon 5k last year (could do with organising another one of them!). I thought I could push on and trim those 10 seconds off each km but then started running longer distances and I'm miles away from getting close to that now.

Ran the Valencia marathon in December and took a few weeks off after that because my left calf/shin was bothering me. Then got wiped out with covid over Christmas so I'm really struggling to get back into it. Going to get out and run a half this weekend so hopefully that will give me something to build on.

Wasn't running this morning but tried turning the tap to cold before I got out of the shower. Lasted all of 3 seconds!

Bit of a self-congratulatory post this I know but managed 8 miles this morning. Time was dreadful but pretty happy to be covering that sort of distance from a standing start at the beginning of the month. Pleased that I did get back into it anyway.
Good job mate, 8 miles aint no walk in the park, I wouldnt worry about the time to much, far to many folk put an emphasis on times if you ask me. I get loads of non runners asking me what did you do this run or that run in? I just tell them jeans an t-shirt, or a ridiculously slow time, to which you get the standard reply of "thats good that"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.