Russell Brand

flyer said:
The world needs a twat / wanker / dick head / I love me / total dick / no talent but I'm loud / bin and he'd be the ribbon cutter

Utter cnut

This ^

What is his actual talent?

Its a tough call who annoys me more when I hear them, him or Nicky Campbell

dannybcity said:
GStar said:
You think he was "performing" with Paxman? I don't think he was personally; and he was more ott in that interview than on stage i thought.

I never really had an opinion on him before that, other than him being mildly annoying... after that interview i kind of dislike him .

No the opposite, I think he was probably being more like his true self with Paxman. He is abit pretentious at times but to be fair to him he seems to know what he's talking about, he references all kinds of things in his shows so I'm assuming he's more learned than he gets credit for. It's all about opinion I suppose and I can understand why some people wouldn't like him.

Exactly, he wasn't performing for Paxman and was even more extravert than he is on stage. I don't think he knows what he's talking about at all, a lot of big words, not a lot of sense for me.

He said in that interview he wanted to be remembered for contributing something, leaving a legacy or words to that affect. When Paxman explored that; Brand actually wants to be known for exploring why he wants to be famous - i suspect he didn't like a bit of hard graft and enjoyed his ego being massaged at every oppourtunity. He still doesn't want to contribute anything from his higher status and its still all about 'him'.

Fair play to him for reaching "celebrity" status, but he wanted it for all the wrong reasons and uses it to for all the wrong reasons. The guys an example of today's culture, or lack of it.

Gstar, you are wrong. He's one of the good guys.

The rest of you just can't see past his hair. Your loss.

Lee, as ever, is on same wave length as me, must be the la that he be smokin...tical!

TheMightyQuinn said:

Lee, as ever, is on same wave length as me, must be the la that he be smokin...tical!

Can't really say that without knowing him personally... he's never done anything to be seen as a "good guy" and in that interview he admitted being the complete opposite of a good guy.

He chased fame because he wanted it without knowing why... then what did he do; has he tried to make any 'good' ut of it, of has he gone round using his fame to bed women and eventually settle down with an A list after fucking a few z list.

Top man.

GStar said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Can't really say that without knowing him personally... he's never done anything to be seen as a "good guy" and in that interview he admitted being the complete opposite of a good guy.

He chased fame because he wanted it without knowing why... then what did he do; has he tried to make any 'good' ut of it, of has he gone round using his fame to bed women and eventually settle down with an A list after fucking a few z list.

Top man.

To be fair, we'd both fill our boots in the same way if we had the chance.

You'll come round and for my part I promise not to ever say 'i told you so' :)

He's mates with Noel so he can't be that bad.

Thats no excuse what we or anyone else might do... it would only make us twats too. Even then i wouldn't use fame to fuck. It makes it worse he professes to want to leave a legacy, by being allowed to study himself - as if the world is waiting with baited breath to know about the inner workings of what seems to be a pretty talentless, rather boring human. I found that extrodinarily arrogant.

I've never met Noel, but from his interviews he's says some incredibly stupid stuff too... he seems a hell of a lot more grounded than Brand though.

GStar said:
Thats no excuse what we or anyone else might do... it would only make us twats too. Even then i wouldn't use fame to fuck. It makes it worse he professes to want to leave a legacy, by being allowed to study himself - as if the world is waiting with baited breath to know about the inner workings of what seems to be a pretty talentless, rather boring human. I found that extrodinarily arrogant.

I've never met Noel, but from his interviews he's says some incredibly stupid stuff too... he seems a hell of a lot more grounded than Brand though.

I don't know, I've always found RB to be quite entertaining. I loved his old show where he basically just offended morons and got in peoples faces. I admired that.

I can see where you're coming from but I disagree.

GStar said:

i've never seen russell brand taunt someone with an american express card on national television. i don't mind russell that much, nor do i mind noel but that one incident really sticks out in my mind.

I'd question his motives... did he do that (offend morons) because it was what he believed in or did he do it for laughs and reputation.

Going off that interview, i'd say the latter, but i've not much evidence to support that.

But i've no problem disagreeing... i can't see at what point he'll ever change my mind though. He's already gone pretty quiet since he got with Katy Perry, i guess you don't need to work too hard when you're dating one of the bigger pop stars of the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.