Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russian Defense Ministry Spokesperson Igor Konashenkov announced that #Russian forces in #Ukraine are pausing to rest and regain their combat capabilities, confirming ISW’s assessment that Russian forces have initiated an operational pause.

Counter offensive O' Clock.....me thinks.

Well thats the MRLS/HIMARS hitting the ammo dumps kicking in then!.

Amazing what only 10 of these things have done.

There's a vid of russian planes trying to bomb the left behind gear. 4 bombs dropped, 3 missed the island totally.
It's incredible how inept the Russians have been.

Modern fighter aircraft carry a laser pod to point a laser that guides bombs to the target. Without that pod you need special forces on the ground to fire a laser so the bombs hit targets. Without laser targeting and without GPS type bombs it's all a bit pointless even bothering as to be accurate you need to get down low and risk losing the aircraft.

Clearly the Russians don't have the technology nor do they have the people to support the air force in targeting. This is perhaps why everyone thought they'd level Ukraine from the air but they haven't been able to.

At this stage I really wouldn't want to fight Ukraine if this is the best they can give. Ukraine has a smaller force but they're trained, well supported elsewhere and they have the equipment too.

It's incredible how inept the Russians have been.

Modern fighter aircraft carry a laser pod to point a laser that guides bombs to the target. Without that pod you need special forces on the ground to fire a laser so the bombs hit targets. Without laser targeting and without GPS type bombs it's all a bit pointless even bothering as to be accurate you need to get down low and risk losing the aircraft.

Clearly the Russians don't have the technology nor do they have the people to support the air force in targeting. This is perhaps why everyone thought they'd level Ukraine from the air but they haven't been able to.

At this stage I really wouldn't want to fight Ukraine if this is the best they can give. Ukraine has a smaller force but they're trained, well supported elsewhere and they have the equipment too.
Agree.

But Putin still seems to be well-in-charge of Russia. And Russia has far more resources than Ukraine.

I think that this war is going to drag on, but inevitably the tide will be with Russia. Absent Putin's death - or an internal Russian coup - or much tougher sanctions - Russia is simply the bigger nation - and at this point - is going to invest whatever it takes to win.

Agree.

But Putin still seems to be well-in-charge of Russia. And Russia has far more resources than Ukraine.

I think that this war is going to drag on, but inevitably the tide will be with Russia. Absent Putin's death - or an internal Russian coup - or much tougher sanctions - Russia is simply the bigger nation - and at this point - is going to invest whatever it takes to win.
It's almost like a parody. I've just watched Putin's latest press conference where he said Russia is just getting started but I have no idea what that means because they've ramped up huge losses and achieved nothing, he's a complete maniac.

They could indeed easily level Ukraine with cruise missiles and that kind of thing but what would be the point? I think his end goal is he wants Ukraine for what it is and not the wasteland that it would become. This can only mean a land force invasion on a bigger scale compared to now but in reality Russia hasn't got the people, supplies or equipment.

I think this is amounting to Russia's Vietnam and it will only get worse as it goes on. The really unfortunate part is Ukrainians are going to suffer this for a very long time so we need to keep doing everything we can to help them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.