Russian invasion of Ukraine

if /when they get kicked out of Ukraine this could be his parting shot however its not a good idea to set off nukes in your own back yard, contamination would indeed affect Russia, if he was to nuke west Ukraine then Poland etc would be at risk and i think the west would have no choice but to respond in that situation, smaller tactical nukes would be his option while vacating the country and doing this means its also not fit for Ukraine to re build, his attitude will be- well if we cant have it then you cant either
It's that attitude of if I can't have it, you can't that worries me.

An interesting read about Ukraine's forces disrupting Russian forces:

Growing up in the 60's and 70's we were always told that Russian nuclear weapons were aimed at the US and the UK. If the Russians ever launched them, 'we' would immediately respond and everyone would be dead. For that reason it would never happen.
Could the Russians send a couple aimed at Ukraine and for that reason 'we' wouldn't respond as the attack was not against us ?
I assume it is not that simple but as Russia is now on the back foot the despot could try anything.
Those aiming at the US and UK are strategic weapons with enormous destruction areas. Putin would not use them on a neighbour due to potentially self harming Russia.

Hope he doesn't, but he could use smaller tactical nukes on Ukraine where the fallout would likely be maintained within Ukrainian air space.

Those aiming at the US and UK are strategic weapons with enormous destruction areas. Putin would not use them on a neighbour due to potentially self harming Russia.

Hope he doesn't, but he could use smaller tactical nukes on Ukraine where the fallout would likely be maintained within Ukrainian air space.

I did wonder if they would nuke Lviv area to stop the supply of weapons.

Overnight Ukrainian Airforce hammered a Russian stronghold in Andriivka,Kherson.....A lot of open ground in this area,easy pickings.
Bruskynske,also Kherson....Airforce hit a couple of Air Defence systems as well as an ammo and weapons depot.
Real good news,that should also make easy pickings.......So far this week,in Kharkiv....60 saboteurs have been arrested.
These arrests resulted in obtaining over 700 co-ordinates of Russian positions,command centres,barracks,depots,heavy artillery etc.
Lock and load HIMARS......it's showtime.

Slava Ukraini.
Where do you get the info from ? I would like to read it , link please , ta

I did wonder if they would nuke Lviv area to stop the supply of weapons.
Using nukes would firstly admit ruzzia are helpless and weak
and can't win by using conventional weapons (which was utterly embarassing for the glorious ruzzian nation!),
it certainly wouldn't effectively hit western weapon supply (it's decentralized),
and finally the only consequence would be a western weapon supply without ANY moral (conventional) limits. Russian soil might be attacked. It would be an own goal. Putin the narcissist wants to stay in power, not be threatened!

Politically and diplomatically it would be the perfect international card for US to finally turn more neutral states away from Russia.

But I can only stress that even discussing nukes is exactly what Putin wants! He wants to unsettle us by threats and our media have a nice theoretical speculation without thinking about the mental consequences on our will to support.

I don't fall for that nuclear threat. Don't do it, too. It makes no sense and you won't get any answer. Everything you get is angst and depression.
Cold war DID work as nobody can win a nuclear war. Same rubbish for all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.