Russian invasion of Ukraine

Whilst I agree in principle, I'd say a couple of things:

1. Paid for how exactly? and
2. The west as a whole has fallen SO far behind Russia in terms of conventional (i.e. non-nuclear) forces, it is beyond a joke. It would take vastly more than simply topping up our forces a bit - it would take years and years of huge spending increases to get anywhere close, in so doing, crippling our economies. I mean, just look at this. The UK (with 227) doesn't even get on the list. France and Germany are not much better and not on the list either.

How on earth do we threaten Russia when we have 227 tanks?

View attachment 37195

IMG_0052.jpg

Not sure Russian tanks are much use against an NLAW.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 54
Britain was not a country in the 17th century either.

I see you are an advocate of the White Man's Burden and a learned historian so I bow to your superior knowledge.
The white man's burden is a concept that has been sadly traduced over the years. It did not originally mean the need to colonise and civilise people. The burden was to be hated for being the most powerful nation and policing the rest of the world. It applied to Britain in C19th and was inherited by U.S. in C20th.
The phrase, I believe, predated Killings poem.

Last edited:
I can tell you among the local populace there is more trust on Russia than the West. Also, there is no colonial baggage with them.
That's what has been surfacing in the social media last few days in my opinion too.
Among other things, many consider Putin to be a strong leader who follows up his words with action where as West looked helpless, mostly not realizing that Putin had no concern for plight of his own people.
Also, UN is considered useless when big powers are involved in the conflict.

Anyway I hope those Russian paras lived just long enough for the terror and pain to set in, the fucking cunts.

If you substitute russian for british I worked with a lad when overseas from Armagh in the 00s would say similar and get called a **** for it

War or conflicts are a strange thing, brings our inner hatred towards humanity out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.