Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's shocking isn't it? I have read people on here comparing him to Johnson. Johnson is a very poor PM , but you can't compare him to the ruthless dictator that is Putin.

Easy solution to this problem, Ukraine needs to rent or buy a nuclear submarine off the western powers. Putin is a bully an a thug but he isn't stupid he wouldn't attack a sovereign nation armed with nuclear weapons.
Putin isn't an idiot, though. And Johnson would like to be a dictator. "King of the World" wasn't it?

And the world does not need even more countries with nuclear weapons.

British weaponry has been used to attack civilian targets in all sorts of places, and the usual excuse is that of the prostitute, "If we didn't sell it, someone else would".

Straying a bit off topic, except the arms trade always needs an enemy.
Yes just hadn't heard Gaddafi described in such a way by someone from the UK. His support of the Ira is well documented, I think even our government considered him persona non grata.
No shamrock for Muammar.

You can compare the lying, narcissism and the personality cult. The willingness to rewrite laws for the sole reason of retaining power and getting their own way is also comparable.

Putin’s on another level when it comes to thuggishness, nationalism, cunning and being a danger to the world rather than just his own population. He’s playing the west and NATO like a fiddle.

The world laughs at us because of Johnson. They’re not laughing at Putin and Russia.
They laugh at Johnson, they don't laugh at me or you.

He's a ****. And he's played the west.

I'm not siding with him.

Years of watching his country crumble and watch the US take advantage of a pissed up leader in Yeltsin. He's bided his time. Now he's launching his controlled anger in a way that makes NATO look like warmongers.

That's not defending or supporting him.
How has he exactly played the West. All he has gained is more attention accompanied by the threat of more isolation. If he has gained more pray tell?

They do because we voted for him and his baby.
Well we will have to disagree, whatever stupid things he says or does doesn't effect me when I'm abroad. No one has ever spoken to me about him, and I've been treated no differently because of him. I understand that some people may be worried about what others think, perhaps they are more insecure. But honestly I couldn't care less what other people and countries think of him, it doesn't bother or effect me in the slightest.

They were never going to fucking invade.

It's all a look at me/us and let's fuck with NATO and make them spend money they don't have and put gas prices up routine.

But it deflects from other more serious domestic issues, the biggest one, globally, being Pollution/Climate Change, so The West/Nato go along with it.

Or, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, they're all part of the same game.

No, they feel sorry for us which is worse.
I've never experienced this , how do you know? I believe it is more your perception, and finally I seriously don't care if someone I don't know or never will feels sorry for me. I think that's more their issue than mine if at all true.

Back on topic, Putin is a whole level worse than Johnson. He has rapidly turned Russia from a budding democracy into a ruthless dictatorship, the opposition are jailed or murdered. Rrgardless of Johnson's many flaws and unsuitability to lead our country there is no comparison.

Well we will have to disagree, whatever stupid things he says or does doesn't effect me when I'm abroad. No one has ever spoken to me about him, and I've been treated no differently because of him. I understand that some people may be worried about what others think, perhaps they are more insecure. But honestly I couldn't care less what other people and countries think of him, it doesn't bother or effect me in the slightest.

Being Irish, I can give a slightly related example of an outside opinion of Johnson. I was flicking through the Independent's live news ticker earlier on Ukraine. Scrolling through, I was reading what the different leaders from countries were saying on the matter. When Johnson popped up, i scrolled past without even a thought. That clown carries so little weight in my mind I subconsciously didn't give a fuck what he had to say. Later reflecting on this, I was a bit taken aback as he is the current PM of the UK and this is perhaps the closest we have been to war in Europe in decades. The man has sunk the UK to depths unimaginable and he is totally shameless about it. It's harrowing as he is going nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.