Russian invasion of Ukraine

The fucking EU has quite a lot to do with Ukraine and this thread mate.

If it’s a discussion about the EU response then I think that’s fine. The last few pages have been about Germany though and conflating that with the EU. I’d say that is more for the political thread as it’s back to misunderstanding domestic vs eu accountability.

If it’s a discussion about the EU response then I think that’s fine. The last few pages have been about Germany though and conflating that with the EU. I’d say that is more for the political thread as it’s back to misunderstanding domestic vs eu accountability.
Correct, and people doing that conflation should fuck off to the political threads where they will have their arses handed to them for making a stupid point.

Change in tone from Zelensky. First public indication that Ukraine is getting the weapons it needs, also bearing in mind what is said publicly is bound to lag behind the reality.

Zelensky, tonight: "I am very pleased to say, with cautious optimism that our partners started to understand our needs better ... And when exactly we need this. Not in weeks, not in a month, but immediately. Right now, as Russia is trying to intensify its attacks." @foreignpolicy

There’s a politics thread for that chat and @Ric has asked on more than one occasion.

I really can’t be arsed wading through page after page of the same EU debate that’s been going on for years. It’s the same fucking people and it’s painfully boring. Usually by the same posters that frequent the other thread. Germany being cunts and not following through on offers of military aid has fuck all to do with the EU, it’s not relevant.
That was exactly the point that some of us were making.

well, first time glad of brexit, not to be associated with those Russian loving Germans, gives a good feeling.

See above re keyboard warriors vs an actual war being fought with the objective of joining Germany in the EU.

Change in tone from Zelensky. First public indication that Ukraine is getting the weapons it needs, also bearing in mind what is said publicly is bound to lag behind the reality.

Zelensky, tonight: "I am very pleased to say, with cautious optimism that our partners started to understand our needs better ... And when exactly we need this. Not in weeks, not in a month, but immediately. Right now, as Russia is trying to intensify its attacks." @foreignpolicy
That's great news, now go and kick red arse

I talked on Facetime to a Ukrainian Soldier in a school hall with his gun yesterday morning. He was in tears, banging his heart and saying that he and the other soldiers were "like brothers". He didn't have the English but the intimation was they would fight to the death.

What do you say in that situation? "Hope you kill some Russians"?, "Hope you don't die"?

Come on Ukraine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.