Ryan Bertrand

Next season Delph will take the third/last resort leftback spot.

He's done a job this season but he's by no means a starter when Mendy comes back. Coupled with the fact Pep is on record for saying with Delph at LB he had to alter how he wished to play. Folk are seeing something that's not there, perhaps through blue tinted specs admittedly. He's no better than Milner playing there for Liverpool; solid but not the answer.

The Alves transfer messed up the full back plans hence why he's being played there in the first place; same with Zinchenko. Had we been able to get another LB in like the club clearly planned to do, neither would have been put in that position in the first place. That will be rectified this summer with a new LB coming in and Bertrand is a great option to rotate with Mendy. A Danilo to his Walker.

With Zinchenko taking up a foreign spot, and well down the pecking order in any position you choose to look at, he'll be gone. It's only logical to look for a new LB that doesn't compromise how we play: when in crisis, at least we know Delph can stand in but that's it.

I await the "name a better LB...", I've said for years, it's a position filled with mostly tripe up and down the league. Bertrand would be one of the few natural LBs that would justify a spot in this squad.

Delph has a few check marks and a few blemishes, but the checks have it! The main one being he is British and will not take a foreign player slot, unlike Zinchenko, whose age isn’t hurting him now. A trip to the States would do him the world of good. He is at a good age, can play in multiple positions, and would fit in well here. Conversely, Girona. Either way, he is worth keeping, because he rarely looked out of place when playing, and had a few outstanding performances. That said, for £10M, he is a goner!

Delph has a few check marks and a few blemishes, but the checks have it! The main one being he is British and will not take a foreign player slot, unlike Zinchenko, whose age isn’t hurting him now. A trip to the States would do him the world of good. He is at a good age, can play in multiple positions, and would fit in well here. Conversely, Girona. Either way, he is worth keeping, because he rarely looked out of place when playing, and had a few outstanding performances. That said, for £10M, he is a goner!

Now that's an unexpected twist of logic :D

Would rather have Delph than this guy. Mendy, Delph and Angelino to play LB next season

Zinchenko to sign a new contract and then go to girona on loan

Bertrand can play centre back or on the left of a 3 as well. Worth keepin Delphi, great guy and great little player.

Delph > Bertrand

I think Bertrand is the better player but I love what Delph brings to the squad, the other players seem to love him. His attitude and desire to succeed here make him the perfect squad player if he’s happy playing second fiddle to Mendy (when fit).

Zinchenko wouldn't be suited to the MLS and should be aiming higher, Girona have an extremely settled midfield, I'd hope for a PL loan for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.