Ryanair carry on bag

That is true where value exists.

Thomson want £350 each just for the flight to fly me to Verona in late August, add on bags at £30 each choose a seat £30 each and you are talking £420 each to fly to somewhere that is well the same distance as Warsaw. The only saving grace is the flight times are good.

Ryanair are the only alternative and with included bags and everything they are £200 each but unfortunately they throw me off the plane at 11 at night in Milan which is 2 hours away from where I want to be..

As I said, air travel has got cheaper but it definitely hasn't if you actually want to go somewhere at a decent time, in relative comfort, sitting with the people you are going with and maybe take some stuff with you....

So they're not an alternative then

As I said, air travel has got cheaper but it definitely hasn't if you actually want to go somewhere at a decent time, in relative comfort, sitting with the people you are going with and maybe whilst taking some stuff with you....
Lol. There ain't much relative comfort on most short haul flights mate, especially chartered flights.

Like when you're all sat for the off and you think great, spare seat next to me. Then some fat bastard waddles down the isle to sit next to you,. They sit down and flab spreads into instantly into your comfort zone, making you hold your shoulders in with arms on lap whilst feeling as bad as Arsenne Wenger in a fuckin' wind tunnel! Fatty then starts chatting to you like a long lost brother whilst you try and not vomit from their B.O!

And then it's time to eat the microwaved shite in a box. I think a kangaroo would be more comfortable trying to eat a meal whilst hunched up against the seat in front.

But budget airlines do offer good value so i can't complain ;-)

Last edited:
Lol. There ain't much relative comfort on most short haul flights mate, especially chartered flights.

Like when you're all sat for the off and you think great, spare seat next to me. Then some fat bastard waddles down the isle to sit next to you,. They sit down and flab spreads into instantly into your comfort zone, making you hold your shoulders in with arms on lap whilst feeling as bad as Arsenne Wenger in a fuckin' wind tunnel! Fatty then starts chatting to you like a long lost brother whilst you try and not vomit from their B.O!

And then it's time to eat the microwaved shite in a box. I think a kangaroo would be more comfortable trying to eat a meal whilst hunched up against the seat in front.

But budget airlines do offer good value so i can't complain ;-)

Indeed, the transatlantic flights offer great value compared. You can go to Florida or New York for around £350 nowadays and that will always include a meal and bags.

Funnily enough the Ryanairs and Easyjets of this world don't do those flights... Yet

Last edited:
They never will.
The one budget airline that tried it was Monarch...

Norwegian are doing a Ryanair type service to the US.
No baggage, no food or drinks, no leg room, long range 737 aircraft.

Reviewed as do once but never again.

That is true where value exists.

Thomson want £350 each just for the flight to fly me to Verona in late August, add on bags at £30 each choose a seat £30 each and you are talking £420 each to fly to somewhere that is well the same distance as Warsaw. The only saving grace is the flight times are good.

Ryanair are the only alternative and with included bags and everything they are £200 each but unfortunately they throw me off the plane at 11 at night in Milan which is 2 hours away from where I want to be..

As I said, air travel has got cheaper but it definitely hasn't if you actually want to go somewhere at a decent time, in relative comfort, sitting with the people you are going with and maybe whilst taking some stuff with you....
The opera is worth it though!

The opera is worth it though!

It is indeed, we usually stay at Garda (Bardolino) as the Mrs has family over there, lovely place, also done Verona many times.

Getting there has always been a problem, Thomson and Monarch once did it as did Ryanair but since Monarch went in particular it has just been left to Thomson who are obviously lapping it up.

I can remember 5 years or so ago paying £90 return if you booked in advance for the summer whereas now it is more than double. At the minute we are thinking of just driving and taking the time to make the trip through France etc part of the holiday.

Indeed, the transatlantic flights offer great value compared. You can go to Florida or New York for around £350 nowadays and that will always include a meal and bags.

Funnily enough the Ryanairs and Easyjets of this world don't do those flights... Yet
I agree. Last long haul I boarded I went with Quatar airways. Very impressed with the quality and service. Always a more pleasant flight when the trolley dolly's are attractive pleasant and efficient, unlike many on chartered shorthaul flights who seem to be getting worse each year. These budget ailrlines don't invest much in customer service IMO.

But like I said, i can't really moan. Short bargain price flights with a Boots meal deal does me. I would like a bit more standard leg room though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.