Rúben Dias | FWA Footballer of the Year, City's Player of the Season and Premier League Player of the Season

Fully expect him to pick up the PFA PotY as well when that’s announced tomorrow!

What a wonderful achievement for the young man and fully deserved.
He can and should be our "new" Vinny with his leadership skills as well as his playing ability.
So glad it "all went pair shaped" for us when we pulled out of various other deals when looking for a centre half.
I did read in yesterdays MEN an article from SB who stated he was always our number one signing and it was merely paper talk that we were following other leads.
Either way we got our man and what a snip at £67M was it ?

What a wonderful achievement for the young man and fully deserved.
He can and should be our "new" Vinny with his leadership skills as well as his playing ability.
So glad it "all went pair shaped" for us when we pulled out of various other deals when looking for a centre half.
I did read in yesterdays MEN an article from SB who stated he was always our number one signing and it was merely paper talk that we were following other leads.
Either way we got our man and what a snip at £67M was it ?
Many forget Otamendi went the other way as part of the deal, so he cost us about £47m net. But it was structured as two separate deals for accounting purposes.
Ruben had been on City’s radar for years but it wasn’t until Benfica lost their CL qualifier that we were able to get him.
I must admit he has has surprised me because I watched Benfica quite a few times when Portuguese football was one of the first to emerge from lockdown last year, and he really didn’t look great. Though tbf the entire team’s form had absolutely collapsed late season and so as a relatively young CB he might have been a victim of that wider malaise

Well deserved Ruben absolute rock in our defence. Has made other players around him improve a future captain. Cannot wait to see you at the Etihad.

Well done Ruben and nice of Mourinho to give that quote

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.