Sad saps getting on Hughes' back at any oportunity

moomba said:
90% of the so called Hughes Out posts are from people not happy with our performance, but who are not calling for a sacking at all. The flappers get involved, the abuse starts and all of a sudden we have Hughes In v Hughes Out.

The worst thing about this site of late is that you can't comment on anything at the moment without being branded one or the other.
100% agree with this.

What happened to when we could p*ss and moan after a poor result, blaiming everything about the club from the manager down to the tea lady without having to justify our support afterwards? It's simply a natural reaction to dissapointment. It's nothing serious or heartfelt.

EddH said:
blueinsa said:
I take it you wasn't a fan of Sven mate?

Ive seen a few posters of late, demanding that we shoe some loyalty to hughes, whilst at the same time stating quite clearly how much of a better manager he is than Sven and that Sven deserved the sack.

Why not the loyalty to Sven or the time and stabilty card played then?

Apologies if this is not your view mate, im just curious and want to raise the issue.

I think the guy was unprofessional - it was like a circus in training - anyone who knew a player could turn up, the whole team was no where near as fit as it is now, he bought players with bad attitudes - Elano, Petrov etc (admitidly on limited budget).
I found it boring to watch away from home - I had no confidence in us winning.

I love these sort of ill-thought out posts.How the hell can you call the 5th most decorated manager in world football "unprofessional????"
Were you complaining after that first game against West Ham,when we played PL football the likes of which I hadn't seen since Keegan,in the Championship...when we'd gone 10 games without scoring at home the previous season under Pearce?

And Elano and Petrov were simply inspired signings at the time.

I'm still on the fence about Hughes,but I'm pretty sure who my money would be on to build the better team with £250 million pounds to spend.

And have a look at Sven's honours during his career-just for the record.Not a bad circus "ringmaster" if you ask me.

* Göteborg
o Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982
o Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982
o UEFA Cup Winners 1982
* Benfica
o Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991
o Cup of Portugal Winners 1983
o SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989
o European Cup Runners Up 1990
o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983
* Roma
o Coppa Italia Winners 1986
* Sampdoria
o Coppa Italia Winners 1994
* Lazio
o Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
o Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
o UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
o UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
o Serie A Champions 2000
* England
o FA Summer Tournament Winners 2004

Prophet of Doom said:
Unfortunately the average age on this site seems to be around 13 these days.

This site used to be excellent, but in the last months its become infested with clueless teenagers shouting Hughes out in text speak.

I think the sensible people on here are looking forward to the semi finals and a good run over xmas putting us in the top4.

Im not Hughes' biggest fan either - but to scream for him to go a week after beating Arsenal and Chelsea is pathetic.

Spot on. Lets get behind him and see if we don't end up at Wemberlee!!

6th spot, game in hand. Could be much better I agree but Hughes sides normally finish second half of the season stronger. Win the game in hand and we are up there with Villa just 5 points behind the rags who are yet to come to Eastlands.

As Sir Joe used to say 'we haven't had our run yet'. When we do things will look pretty damn good imo.

EddH said:
I feel that things are getting out of control on here,
Yesterday Hughes made the right decisions with regards the team, probably saving Robinhio for Spuds, as he has just come back from injury, and can not play too many games too quickly.
De Jong was injured.....
I think the team played well, but were very unfortunate - offside goal, Bellers sending off, great second goal from Bolton (that De Jong would have clattered out of the way).

All the way through I for one felt we would win the game, we certainly looked / played as if we were going to win, even when we were down to 10 men.

What more can you ask for with the players Hughes had available?

Yes I'm disappointed, but I don't see any reason why we can have a go at Hughes for this DRAW (not loss), under these circumstances.

Cast your minds back to Sven, we never looked like scoring away from home - now we are starting to look really dangerous away from home (all be it against Bolton).
They are out of control because there are a number of WUMs with a ready-made audience of footballing morons.

Bolton wont play like that against Vlla and Spurs, but their comitment was all too predictable. Give them some encouragement, and suddenly it becomes a difficult game. My Sunday paper described City's performance as Heroic. I wouldn't go that far, but the comments on this message board are laughable. Reminds me of the reaction to the 2-2 draw at Anfield.

EddH said:
blueinsa said:
I take it you wasn't a fan of Sven mate?

Ive seen a few posters of late, demanding that we shoe some loyalty to hughes, whilst at the same time stating quite clearly how much of a better manager he is than Sven and that Sven deserved the sack.

Why not the loyalty to Sven or the time and stabilty card played then?

Apologies if this is not your view mate, im just curious and want to raise the issue.

I think the guy was unprofessional - it was like a circus in training - anyone who knew a player could turn up, the whole team was no where near as fit as it is now, he bought players with bad attitudes - Elano, Petrov etc (admitidly on limited budget).
I found it boring to watch away from home - I had no confidence in us winning.

But we still got 8 away wins with that team of slackers, eh?

Hughes has got 4 away wins in a season and a half!

And Sven's totally unprofessional wasters also finished higher than Hughes' team of super-fit, totally motivated, better players. Weird that... huh?

Speak for yourself mate, its heartfelt for me.

Its knowing that numpty will send a team out playing the missing fullback formation with a zonal defence, he`s been doing it almost since he`s been here.

Go and watch the goals against from this season, or last it makes no odds, you will see the same gaps and the unmarked players running in central or far post as the defence moves over as a unit towards the ball.

We must have had ten different players, most internationals, in the back four over the last 18 months, Richards, Dunne, whoever at left back, Lesscott, and Zab have all been accussed of "Being sh*t" or "Not trying?"

And hughes just blames anyone but himself, it was him blaming the players last year, they are all out of the team now so why is exactly the same thing happening?..

blueonblue said:

Its knowing that numpty will send a team out playing the missing fullback formation with a zonal defence, he`s been doing it almost since he`s been here.

Go and watch the goals against from this season, or last it makes no odds, you will see the same gaps and the unmarked players running in central or far post as the defence moves over as a unit towards the ball.

We must have had ten different players, most internationals, in the back four over the last 18 months, Richards, Dunne, whoever at left back, Lesscott, and Zab have all been accussed of "Being sh*t" or "Not trying?"

And hughes just blames anyone but himself, it was him blaming the players last year, they are all out of the team now so why is exactly the same thing happening?..

Nail on the head and the reason we are so weak at the back.

Time to drop this shit and revert to basics.

Our results would improve in a heartbeat.

blueonblue said:

A very good post and bang on the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.