Safe Standing: Rail Seating in South Stand

I don't want to stand but I wish there were standing areas and seating areas with absolutely no standing in the latter.

I refuse to go to Wembley these days as I know there is a very good chance I will have to spend 90 minutes staring at someone's arse.

I suspect the demand for standing throughout games is fairly limited after years of it not being allowed (it still isn’t by law in the PL).

Someone posted a few days ago about their wish for it to be spread around the stadium and including SS3. As a SS3 SC holder I’d say no thanks as I’m perfectly happy with the current set up as I have a great view sat down and standing generally is very limited (crucial parts of big games).

The club would surely need to canvass supporters if they were thinking of introducing more rail seating? What about those who have suddenly found out they are in rail seating but don’t want to be?

Didn't make a huge difference to the atmosphere/peoples behaviour but it was nice to lean on the railing instead of my shins/knees scraping along the seat in front - usually expect a load of bruising after a home game!
It definitely looked like more of the South Stand round into Colin Bell where the rails seats are, we’re joining in and even starting songs on Saturday. Usually it looks like it’s just the section behind the goal posts, but it looked much more against Norwich.

Hopefully it’s not just a one-off.

Season ticket is in 121 this year. Section of fans stood throughout the game and the majority sat down. Few people complaining asking people to sit down although it is a safe standing section.
Technically though it's not a safe standing section.....not yet, as it's still illegal to stand, the rails have been put in ready for the green light from the gov/fa!

(Unless I've got that wrong?!

Been standing in seated areas since the new Kippax was built

Is showsec still around? Didnt see them Saturday...just orange jackets with City badges on

Technically though it's not a safe standing section.....not yet, as it's still illegal to stand, the rails have been put in ready for the green light from the gov/fa!

(Unless I've got that wrong?!

yep that’s my understanding, in effect a tacit nod to those who prefer to stand. I would guess the seats will be locked in place down for CL games.

yep that’s my understanding, in effect a tacit nod to those who prefer to stand. I would guess the seats will be locked in place down for CL games.
They are the same seats as before they can't be locked into position.

CL and domestic games are all seater with no difference at our ground.

Theyre just normal seats like every other in the ground. Only difference is the rail. Nothing to lock or unlock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.