Safe Standing....

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Bluearmy, 22 Mar 2010.

1. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

<a class="postlink" href="http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/03/22/safe-standing-twenty-years-on-from-hillsborough/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/03/2 ... lsborough/</a>

Interesting article above... Not sure how old it is, but they talk about Morecambe introducing safe standing.... Next season I think.... Everton are also making noises about a trial in the future....

With the talk of a new South Stand being built, if only this was introduced here!!! What would it do for the atmosphere inside COMS???

2. supercity36

supercity36

seeing as half the SS is for away fans, id doubt we'd do it.

3. Ricster

Ricster

I'd love to see safe standing introduced. Works really well in Germany.

Im for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. davymcfc

davymcfc

i would say the majority are all for safe standing. but football fans are all scum and we have no rights.

5. Skashion

Skashion

Safe standing would do wonders for atmosphere. It allows all the fans who want to sing to congregate in one place and meet up and stand with mates. Something else we need is pubs that are open well before kickoff near the ground. Hope City Street sorts that one out.

6. JOGAMIGMOG

JOGAMIGMOG

This is an absolute MUST for us. It's no fun standing as we do now, in an area of low-rise flip-up seating: It's not safe or economical and a whole swathe of football fans have been denied their right to stand, safely, since Hillsborough. If fans can stand at rugby matches and at concerts then they should be allowed to at football - with restrictions in SAFE STANDING areas.

[​IMG]

7. Freestyler

Freestyler

i'm all for safe standing, definitely.

8. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

I stand safely every home game and recommend it;)

I doubt that anything official will ever be brought in about this.

I'm sure that politically it will never happen.

9. mancitymick

mancitymick

I am all for it but I aint the goverment and they will never do a you turn. Infact vote Mick for goverment!

10. Pigeonho

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
    Remember that feeling in the Kippax when we scored? It vanished when it was demolished. Can't see it ever being allowed again, I mean health and safety has gone clinically and mentally insane in all walks of like, so allowing standing at football matches will never happen in the big stadiums. I wish it would though. Will never foget that feeling of feeling bored and lonely when we SAT in the Kippax when it was rebuilt.