Safe Standing

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

lots of rumours going round that there could be a safe standing trial at the ground next season possibly in the east stand, is this true ??

If so i would move there straight away, it would improve the atmosphere greatly, allow greater numbers of singers to get together and possibly make it more affordable.

With the trams and possible safe standing, maybe the club are looking at the german model in terms of fan experience.

City are keeping an eye on the safe standing debates going on at the moment, but the reality is there’s nothing they will do unless there’s an actual legislation change in parliament.

so thankyou and goodnight.

wearethesouthstand said:
City are keeping an eye on the safe standing debates going on at the moment, but the reality is there’s nothing they will do unless there’s an actual legislation change in parliament.

so thankyou and goodnight.

"a legislation change isn't needed" is what I was told.

As for the rumour, I'm certain the club want the German model after it is known club officials did go over to Germany and observed how they did things there.

Safe Standing is possible and is very much needed (hopefully increasing the volume of people will also decrease the price per ticket in this area)

Although FFPR may of put a dampener on this and the club may charge us more to stand :(

As for it being in the East Stand - this is just daft and it doesn't make sense.
if any trial was going to take place I'd presume it would be in the South Stand, with either shifting the away fans or keeping the away fans and also giving them Safe Standing.

A small section of East stand with Safe standing? just seems daft.

Would love it though :-D

[bigimg]http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Uploads/_resampled/croppedimage613299-safestanding.jpg[/bigimg]

Why is the East stand daft?

"Other clubs had an end, with the Kippax we had a whole side."
Mike Summerbee.

There is potentially less chance of getting localised over crowding at the side (behind the goal people may move from their designated seat to behind the goal or to be with a bunch of mates to sing) and less chance of crushing when a goal is scored or there is a close chance.

The only issue with the side rather than the end is that if you don't put it in an end, people behind the goal in seats are still just as likely to stand when an attack is building up at their end.

Ah, just got it, no point in having 'the popular stand' at the side because Mancini doesn't pick wingers so we won't get a roar as the next Summerbee gets whitewash on his boots running down the line.

I'm not against safe standing in the ends,I'm just making a point. It's natural throughout all levels of football for the more vocal support to be behind the goal. I like it in non-league where the vocal support is behind the goal that your side is shooting towards, then at half time the 2 sets of supporters swap ends.

northstand241 said:
akcity said:
Haven't heard anything but would have thought they would trial it in the SS?

yeah me too, its better to have it in SS

it would be the same as the kippax why not??

personally i would have it in the north stand, completley away from visiting supporters, just like in the german league, then there would more than likley be no trouble and no one can blame the standing fans.

if there is the slightest hint of trouble if it was in the south stand we would never have it.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
northstand241 said:
akcity said:
Haven't heard anything but would have thought they would trial it in the SS?

personally i would have it in the north stand, completley away from visiting supporters, just like in the german league, then there would more than likley be no trouble and no one can blame the standing fans.

if there is the slightest hint of trouble if it was in the south stand we would never have it.

Ridiculous statement... We have stood next to the away fans for ages now and nothing much happens.

Why Always Ste said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
northstand241 said:

Ridiculous statement... We have stood next to the away fans for ages now and nothing much happens.

i know that, but authorities would say its not safe and we shouldnt have it, even if the slightest thing happens. Why risk it ??

Even after the united game journilists and such were blaming it on the standing sections next to the away fans and talking about making everyone sit down.

Yeah but relocating the entire north stand to sit right next to the away fans will never happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.