Saints (A) Post Match Thread

Last year we suffered thru having a dodgy defence, despite scoring freely. Should have recruited a CB. This year, we bought 2 CBs and Stones returned to form. A plethora of defenders a year too late. This year we should have bought a top class striker but failed to do this and now we are suffering thru a lack of goals. Neat ironic circle. Will we buy successfully and have a cracking team next year?

Think about it another way, we have a forward line that scored 103 league goals and added Torres. We haven't lost anyone - Aguero was injured for our most prolific stretch of the season, Silva was on the bench for 2/3rds of it.

Those players didn't just forget how to finish. They just need a little bit of refocusing, a bitnof adjustment, a bit of confidence and then we'll have a rock solid defence and a shit hot attack.

WTF was Eddie booked for watched the match but mystified. Think their is still a problem up front we are shot shy, too many players looking for a pass rather than take responsibility for a shot

Probably with some yeah, I’d like to think I was objective enough to not say it was, when it wasn’t.
We only saw the side on image. Dean obviously saw quite a bit of distance between the boot and the head. Clattenburg called it right in the studio. Yet how many times do you see some Prem strikers push the ball towards the goal line with no chance of keeping it in, deliberately run into defenders and then get a pen....

A brilliant 3 points against a very cohesive and in form side.

The Centre Half partnership - superb,especially the reinvention of John Stones.

I thought Bernardo was much better today too,up until the last 10mins anyway.......he needs a run now.

Effort and desire was difficult to criticise.

We still struggle with decision making,why the fuck do we take that extra toch and overplay everything??

Our fitness continues to be an issue,also Peps sub use continues to baffle.

Mike Dean is fucking useless.He let alot of their niggles go and cracked down on ours,and where the fuck were 5 mins from?

Overall......a 7/10 and a great platform to build upon.

MOTM John Stones
bang on.

We only saw the side on image. Dean obviously saw quite a bit of distance between the boot and the head. Clattenburg called it right in the studio. Yet how many times do you see some Prem strikers push the ball towards the goal line with no chance of keeping it in, deliberately run into defenders and then get a pen....
You see it more and more... I think some clubs are using as a tactic at every point they can now.

It’s always been there, the Rags being bad in years gone by but now it’s worse.

How? If anything the result flattered Southampton who were let off 2 or 3 goals by us missing massive chances.
I didn`t think we played that well to be honest.I`m more happier with the result that the manner in which we played.Having said that the partnership between Dias and Stones looks great at the moment but some players are not performing and thats alarming.
The usual problem of not taking our chances is costing us dearly at the moment,but I`ll beat you to it ... not today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.