Salary Cap?

WRicko

A lot of media people and a few clubs lower down the football league talking up a salary cap whats everyones thoughts on the idea ?

On the one had I am principle opposed to regulation in sport that we would not see elsewhere on the other football seems incapable of operating efficiently. I can also see many negative unintended consequences or perhaps worse intended negative consequences like with FFP.

A cap as a percentage of revenue as suggested by Simon Jordan would surely keep clubs in there current place (so why a former Crystal Palace owner would support it is beyond me) a based on a league average would not help the poor clubs as they would not be able to meet the threshold without going bust. Someone else was suggesting a different type of cap think a over all amount not a % of revenue he thought that might solidify the league as they are a bit like in America not sure how that would be worse than a percentage of turnover. More chance of clubs changing there results based on academy or good scouting than by growing revenues look at Uniteds fortunes on the pitch vs off it.

Not sure how a salary cap can work at the top given the wages on offer to the likes of Maguire, Sanchez Messi Ronaldo

The American owned clubs would love a salary cap, along with no relegation/promotion, player draft it would ensure the wealth stayed in a select group of clubs. we might as well franchise the clubs as well so if the owners dont feel that an area/City is giving them enough money or looking after them they can go somewhere else. its a NO from me !

50% of non TV revenue. Only applies to new signings and new professional contracts, owner investment can offset against it but only if it's a cash injection and covers a budget increase over at least 3 seasons. 5 year amnesty to allow for clubs to get their house in order.

Agents fees capped at 5% of non tv revenue.

not for me. The elite would find ways round it (except us). We would undoubtedly be fined and banned for breaching it even when we didnt.

I thought our lads were on lower salaries and got the extras in a bonus system.

That horse has bolted since Agents infiltrated FIFA/UEFA.

I'm all for it and I think regulation is the only way of saving many clubs but as soon as you start doing it via percentage of revenue etc leagues start getting uncompetitive.

For clubs down the lower leagues? Sure it’s a good idea that would stop them going bust by overspending trying to get to the premier league. For the premier league? No it’s nothing but a bad idea that would result in the worlds best talent going abroad and us stuck with a worse product than we had before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.