Sales/returns question

We have never been more protected as consumers and if we buy in person we have the 2015 consumer rights act of 2015 that supersedes the sales of goods act and the supply of goods and services. The 2015 consumer rights act strengthened on the above affording clearer shopping rights for joe public. Well to elaborate most folk have heard of the distance selling rules but these also were overridden by the consumer contracts regulations of 2014 dealing with online and phone or distance selling in general. Much stronger rights than if we bought in store or face to face and not my intention to go over the intraquesies now as they are online for all to read and absorb. Back in the day mother used to run her business empire as an agent for Kays catalogue and every-time she went out on the lash she was always splendidly dressed and ever so careful not to spill the fruit of the vine on her new togs as they had to go back the next day. And this brings me back to consumer rights on returning clothing as the goods have to be unused and without kebab stains on the crotch or associated drips and spillage unless of course returned as faulty. I am under the impression you can't return dvd's and stuff if the wrapper or seal is broke and maybe knickers and bras and earrings. I also believe it is 14 days from time of purchase so rather generous to say the least.

I just yesterday returned a mobile phone sim only contract from mobiles.co.uk for an O2 contact sim. A pretty good deal indeed with automatic cashback for 9 gig data and unlimited minutes/texts for £11.50 a month but when the next day e2save who are a part of mobiles.co.uk emailed a survey I nearly fell off my stool because at the bottom of the email it said they were a part of the infamous Dixons Carfone Cartel and I do not buy of them not even a plug until my court case in August has run it's heady course. So I rung them up and Gloria asked why and I told her straight and she said fair fooks lad and just said bin it as it has no value. So the Consumer contracts regulations incorporates phones and sim only chips too and most goods bought online and by phone.

Speaking of catalogues we bought a beautiful three piece suite from Grattons in the nineties finished in pastel blue and made of a cord like material and it had giant cushions that just simply ate people up and it was the nicest suite we ever did buy. Anyway at that time I had given up the fags and this was to go some way to paying for it over the 2 year interest free deal. Anyway it landed on time and after I unpacked it the wife got out the vac doing her house proud Mary Poppins act as she proceeded to tidy all floors. I lay on the couch chewing my nicotine gum ball as I used to put loads in at one to get a bigger Nico hit as each piece was the equivalent of 3mg. So if I put five in my mouth at once it would not be dissimilar to the effects of Met Amphetamine. Anyway I digress so I laid down and it was that amazing I instantly nodded off and then what only seemed like minutes I awoke startled by the sound of the Kirby Vac getting ever closer. And then I realized something was wrong and it was all a little hazy but reminisced a scene from Spiderman and I was covered all over with the chewing gum ball that had heated up with my body warmth as it fell out of my mouth whilst asleep and it was everywhere and like stretchy web silk. When she fooked off to her mum's in disgust I tried to get it off and it was impossible so I put the cushions in the deep freezer to harden and the gum broke away but left a few marks. To cut a long story short we sent it back to the catalogue with a stern letter of complaint asking how they could send such an abomination out without a quality control inspection.

Anyway always check the terms and conditions which can never supersede your consumer rights and remember 14 days is the minimum cancellation period that consumers must be given even though many sellers choose to exceed this so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to change your mind and no one trader operates the same. Know your consumer rights everyone and know retailers terms or warranties can ever supersede the Act so yes Ric you can send back your pants for a full refund and then simply buy again at the reduced price. To alleviate messing around some stores operate a price match but obviously for more expensive kit so do your research and as always caviet emptor.

Edited for syntax and spelling:

Last edited:
Bought some trousers online earlier this week, and annoyingly they've just gone in their sale at 25% cheaper than I paid for them. Am I within my consumer rights to return the (unused) pair I bought, and just reorder them at the sale price?
Brick the fuckers windows mate, only solution.

Did this, and they refunded me the difference straight away with no mither. Great customer service. The reply email was signed off MCFC OK too, which was a nice touch. My faith in humanity is restored.
Great

Ya gotta love blue moon

Abso-fucking-lutely right !!!!!
2 guys going at it, with baseball bats, arguing about a pair of stretch denim bell-bottoms, that they will never see, being worn by a third guy they will never meet ........ MY faith in humanity is restored ..... thank you, all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.