Salford city fan

billsbigbanana said:
erast fandorin said:
S A L F O R D , Salford Blues MCFC was our chant !! and pissed a few Blues off, but anyone will tell you Lower Broughton had a good set of lads in the late 80's
They certainly did mate,doyles,boyles,gassys,tex and the 2 eddies were mates of ours from the south side

was you there when that little incident kicked off in the ship,when one of utd's so called top lads(from salford)found out the hard way that its not always true about safety in numbers?[/quote]
i was there,it was after the 3-3 at Maine rd when Mcclair scored 2 late goals,the guy in question is what you might call a weekend gangster,he has a full time job but just loves to be seen as bad,a couple of our Utd pals managed to get us out of the place,we were totally outnumbered

Withington born,moved to irlam in 66 wen I was three,loads of rags cos of a Salford overspill,apart from that we have a good number of blues,about 250 in our local supporters club took 3 coaches to wembley again,ours got the two windows smashed great day though.round irlam and cadishead there's loads of plastic rags,who think going to a football match is the local pub with there fuckin shitty rag shirt on,we give them stick and it soon shuts them up,anyway we started up our supporters club last October,and it's been a great tool to draw out fellow blues,and the more success we have the louder we get.

Im from Little Hulton, most of the pubs here/walkden/worsley are red but still loads of blues knocking about.

Born and bred in Salford (Went to Clarendon High School) ... not many city fans in there either ... but then again ... not many red twats that actually went to matches either and 20 years on ... Surprise ... those red twats I went to school with still don't go to the swamp

To me being a proud proud salfordian and a blue has made my love for city stronger ! I was 1 of 2 city fans in my primary school st pauls on cross lane and when cantona got done for kickin that palace fan our school got chosen to go train with him at the cliff as part of his community service ! We all had our school kit on but underneath I had my city shirt on ! When I scored I ran up to cantona pulling my shirt over my head shouting at him CITY CITY CITY to which he laughed and patted me on the head (FRENCH TWAT) My dad has took me since I was 2 had a season ticket for 25 years we go home and away europe everywhere city is our life all thru school well all my life I've had shit from freinds and people sayin ur from salford and ur a blue ??? But every time sum1 says something or says why don't u support united ! I say unless u are a blue u don't know what its like and It makes my love city even more ! This past couple of years have been fantastic and when we won the fa cup it was like nothing I've ever experianced and to share that with my dad who has took me from being a kid was the best moment in my life and is something I will never forget as long as I live ! If you keep the faith and keep beliveing in our cause ur dreams can come true ! M.C.F.C.SALFORD END OF

yeh mckenzie you are right about blues in pendleton/eccles old rd area.i use to go away a lot late seventies early eighties,train,national coaches etc.use to get the precient special to maine rd,that was fun on derby days ! proud to be a salford blue !

city bairn said:
Ducado said:
morleyswife said:
top bloke - sorry how can you feel so angry.

I am not angry in the least, I love City and have been a fan as long as I can remember (and coming from Urmston it was not easy loads of RAGS) I have had worse weeks supporting City, demotion etc, just bide your time have patience Rome was not built in a day

OK agree with your post but could people please stop using "Rome was not built in a day" it very commenator.

I don't like the usual cliche but WTF does 'it very commenator' mean?

I went out with a girl for five years who grew up in Langworthy where Chimney Pot Park is now, then she moved to Little Hulton (her Auntie Wynne has the Cyn's Tavern pub). I met a fair few Blues over the years there. I also worked at Albion High School (Lower Broughton) for three years and although it was a majority of Rags with the kids (almost none went to games), there were still a lot of Blues and the ones there were pretty much all went to games with their Dad's or uncle.

There's LOADS more Blues in Salford than we get credit for!

been interesting listening to all the comments on here.Born in Hope Hospital,went to Salford Grammar,late brother went to Clarendon.Played for Woolpack and Flemish Weaver.Both teams full of reds except Foxy(ordsall
) and Robbo(duchy)The amount of stick us salford blues get is unbelievable but a great craic winding them up.Never ever let them win an argument even when they are right deep down.Drink on the heights and us blues stick out like a sore thumb.None of them go which I find strange.Pub was heaving with em when they played us at OT and Chelsea at home.

SALFORD IS BLUE!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.