Salford City - moving to AJ Bell stadium (P9)

Apparently Neville has said at a fans forum that the intention is to move to the AJ Bell stadium for the start of next season and beyond, sharing ownership of it with Sale Sharks. Salford Red Devils would then play at Moor Lane.

Deal already done between Salford City, Sale Sharks, and Salford Red Devils. Just working on the agreement with the council.
Nearer to Stretford.....

Apparently Neville has said at a fans forum that the intention is to move to the AJ Bell stadium for the start of next season and beyond, sharing ownership of it with Sale Sharks. Salford Red Devils would then play at Moor Lane.

Deal already done between Salford City, Sale Sharks, and Salford Red Devils. Just working on the agreement with the council.
Can blues object to the move. Moving a motion from Mr S.Goater?

That's a strange one. I always suspected the club would move to the rugby ground and Moor Lane would be flogged off - probably the most expensive bit of land in Salford (Worsley apart) around there, but didn't imagine the Red Devils would play there.
If you are a Salford fan living in / around Moor Lane, you couldn't travel any further and remain in Salford than having to go there - and traffic around Xmas will be a nightmare

I think we're pointing out the irony.
Ironic-alanis-morissette.jpg

On the face of it and without knowing the details of the agreement I'd say the original Red Devils have got the best of that deal. The AJ Bell is a fairly soulless place with (the last time I checked) not very good transport links. Also a football club and a rugby club sharing the same pitch and the same season is likely to make life more difficult than two rugby clubs, one of which plays mainly in spring and summer.

On the face of it and without knowing the details of the agreement I'd say the original Red Devils have got the best of that deal. The AJ Bell is a fairly soulless place with (the last time I checked) not very good transport links. Also a football club and a rugby club sharing the same pitch and the same season is likely to make life more difficult than two rugby clubs, one of which plays mainly in spring and summer.
Playing football and Rugby in a shared stadium is fraught with problems....ask anyone at Rochdale they despised each other at one point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.