Salty reactions from other fans and the media

Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but one of the things people I keep speaking to about FFP keep quoting is the UEFA report that since FFP came in, the top division clubs across Europe have gone from making a loss of €5bn a year to a profit of €500m. They use this to show how restricting spending by people like us is a good thing.

Am I being stupid here, or would Mansour pumping 500m into transfers not change that one iota? We would make a 500m loss, but if we bought players from other top divisions club, they would get +500m. The net effect is zero, no?

In fact all that change from loss making represents is players earning a smaller % of total revenue, or clubs not buying from lower divisions.

I can't find the report immediately, so these figures will be guesswork.

I think that losses fell across Europe by about 5billion since FFP has been introduced. However I think debt has increased by pretty much the same amount.

So UEFA are using an accounting word trick to claim that the rules are helping more than they are.

I imagine it like below but am happy to be corrected by more financially litterate folk.

Two years ago i went to the races and lost £100 on the horses
Last year I went and lost another £100.

This year the Mrs has put in place betting fair play and I can only bet the £10 she gave me.

So this year I lost another £100 at the races but my mate said he's lend me £500 to help out with going home.

Last three years I have lost £300 at the races but the Mrs thinks her new betting rules have added an extra £190 to the household pot.

She couldn't be happier and all her mates think the rules work.

I think that losses fell across Europe by about 5billion since FFP has been introduced. However I think debt has increased by pretty much the same amount.

So UEFA are using an accounting word trick to claim that the rules are helping more than they are.

I imagine it like below but am happy to be corrected by more financially litterate folk.

This year the Mrs has put in place betting fair play and I can only bet the £10 she gave me.

So this year I lost another £100 at the races but my mate said he's lend me £500 to help out with going home.

Last three years I have lost £300 at the races but the Mrs thinks her new betting rules have added an extra £190 to the household pot.

I like that. But a good reason as well is because TV money has gone up since the " stop City" rules, ffp, came in.

I did see a figure that losses were down £1,1 billion last year but dept roes £1.6 billion, i just laughed at the time but was surprised others did not pick up on it

FFP has absolutely sweet FA to do with why clubs are making profit in European football.
The reason for it is the massive uplift in TV rights. Can’t believe this has not been pointed out to those idiots at UEFA.

UEFA are using to focus on P&L over balance sheet to cover up the true reality of where the money's coming from, they won't admit to that but are happy to have the wider public accuse us of it and force us to drag them through the courts to prove we didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.