Sam Allardyce: Epitome of why English football has lagged behind

Neville Kneville

Paying homage to Kevin Prince Boateng's agent
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/stup...-arsenal-boss-emery/9xq10wrt1oo91u4q3fsjusjjn

“It's the manager's fault,” the former England boss told Talksport. “Don't ask someone to do against Manchester City what you shouldn't do.

“What do Manchester City do? Press, press, press, so why do you try and play out [from the back]?

“Even the Arsenal crowd cheered when they dropped one in the opposition's half!

“You cannot just force 'the only way to play is this way' in this country.

“We're getting obsessed with this stupid 'let's play out from the back, split the centre-halfs either side of the 18-yard box and go and play from there'.

“It's utter rubbish to play like that all the time.”

It was put to 'Big Sam' that City themselves took risks, with Guardiola's preferred method of play also to build from the back, to which he replied:

“When you're the best you can do it.”

So of course, you become the best at it overnight, without learning it, you thick, fat, dinosaur ****.

Everything wrong with English football for the last 40 yeasrs, right there.

Don't try to learn anything which may be difficult, fucking lump it. It's 'stupid' to try & learn to improve. Let's shout it from the rooftops. Look, see, the crowd agree, fuck this football lark off, get everyone behind the ball when you play City, like I did.

Just fuck off once & for all, you fat useless bag of shit.

It's a strange one really, especially considering that Allarydce was actually one of the pioneers of data analytics when he was at Bolton and was considered quite forward thinking for his time. The signing of the likes of Okocha brought something to the English game that hadn't really been seen too much at that time.

But ultimately, football fans want immediate success and I thought Arsenal fans ironic cheer to the long goal kick was incredible poor. Emery is clearly trying to implement his own ideas and that's not going to happen overnight. Whatever Wenger was doing wasn't working, and that's why they wanted change, but then when that change happens they are quick to criticise it.

Last edited:
that top manager pearce was at it on co commentating Watford v Neverton they as in watford cant play passing game all season they need to lump it in the box

that top manager pearce was at it on co commentating Watford v Neverton they as in watford cant play passing game all season they need to lump it in the box

I 100% get what your saying, but if that long ball works for a team (and I don't think it does for either Wolves or Everton) then I don't think we're in a position to sit all high and mighty about what style of football others should play just because we're incredibly blessed to watch City week in week out.

The high intensity, passing football that we play relies on having exceptional players in each position, and if just one or two of your team can't do it, then it falls down. Look at Peps first season and how some members of the squad struggled then. And these were players far superior to those that are at some of the lower premier league clubs...

it was Wolves not watford sorry and wolves played some of best football last year in the championship so why change style

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.