Samaras on youtube - urban myth?

Hart of the Matter

Serious question. Can anyone genuinely remember reviewing Samaras on Youtube before we bought him?
So many posters in transfer threads dismiss players we are linked with based on 'even samaras looked a world beater on Youtube before we bought him' cliche. But did he?
Youtube started in May 2005. We bought him in Jan 2006. Whilst youtube took off by summer 2006 its subscriber base was mainly teenage girls with content to match. So, genuinely interested if people can actually remember these supposed clips?
Who would have made the clips ?etc.
Its easy to forget how far tech has come in the interim. Even better if somebody can find these clips....

Last edited:
I remember the videos well, 13 year old me was buzzing. I still feel cheated by the Greek gods.

Just watch his Heerenveen videos. 1:10 in the first video is the clip which has always stayed with me.

Fuck knows who we got, but it wasn't this lad.

Serious question. Can anyone genuinely remember reviewing Samaras on Youtube before we bought him?
So many posters in transfer threads dismiss players we are linked with based on 'even samaras looked a world beater on Youtube before we bought him' cliche. But did he?
Youtube started in May 2005. We bought him in Jan 2006. Whilst youtube took off by summer 2006 its subscriber base was mainly teenage girls with content to match. So, genuinely interested if people can actually remember these supposed clips?
Who would have made the clips ?etc.
Its easy to forget how far tech has come in the interim. Even better if somebody can find these clips....

I definitely remember watching a Samaras compilation vid when we were in the throes of signing him and myself and some mates were creaming our pants about how good he looked. Not sure if it was on YouTube but there can’t have been many other sites - if any - that I would’ve seen it on.

I definitely remember watching a Samaras compilation vid when we were in the throes of signing him and myself and some mates were creaming our pants about how good he looked. Not sure if it was on YouTube but there can’t have been many other sites - if any - that I would’ve seen it on.
I think my space was the main one at that time.

Great find mate... what a player...

I remember the videos well, 13 year old me was buzzing. I still feel cheated by the Greek gods.

Just watch his Heerenveen videos. 1:10 in the first video is the clip which has always stayed with me.

Fuck knows who we got, but it wasn't this lad.

Ha ha - just watched that first one and the memories came flooding back. Like you, I particularly remember that goal at the end where he slots it in from a tight angle.

To be fair, he didn’t have a bad start with us and when we played West Ham in the quarter-final of the FA Cup we were all fuming that Pearce had started him 2 days earlier in the league game against Wigan and had gotten injured, meaning he missed the FA Cup game.

Last edited:
Ha ha - just watched that first one and the memories came flooding back. Like you, I particularly remember that goal at the end where he slots it in from a tight angle.

To be fair, he didn’t have a bad start with us and when we played West Ham in the quarter-final of the FA Cup we were all fuming that Pearce had started him 2 days earlier in the league game against Wigan and had gotten injured, meaning he missed the FA Cup game.

He was brilliant & it looked like we had found a very decent attacking option.

Then it turned out, we hadn't found a decent attacking option after all, but luckily we signed Bernardo Corradi.

He was brilliant & it looked like we had found a very decent attacking option.

Then it turned out, we hadn't found a decent attacking option after all, but luckily we signed Bernardo Corradi.
Then it turned out, we hadn't found a decent attacking option after all, but luckily we loaned Nery Castillo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.