Samir Nasri

Underrated by many. Great footballer. Was the one player missing from the Team of the Decade painting that I've got that I felt should have been there.

what a shame he ended the way he did with his career, 34 is to young.

always liked seeing him play for us, he enjoyed playing to, gifted player that could hit a ball hard. Would sign another one like him... as long as they dont smoke that sh*te.

I didnt like him that much but he played excellent for City. Glad he was part of 2012 and tbh we couldnt have done it without him. Special magic in the dressing room, not always good though

Great player for us when fully fit defo a bit underappreciated by a lot but that's simply because of his teammates, Yaya Toure was out this world for 4 to 5 seasons, Aguero was Aguero our greatest ever goalscorer and scorer of our most iconic goal, David Silva was a magician for a decade and was flawless in more or less everything he did, so people forget Samir and the likes of Gareth Barry.
Think people forget how important he was for us in both title winning campaigns,.. when Dzeko scored 4 people forget how good he was that day day, his form during in the last couple months in 2012 was fantastic he was possibly our best or most consistent midfielder in that late run in.
Played great in the league cup final against Sunderland too! He assisted the goal that put us top of the table after slippy g messed up a week earlier and scored on the final day win.

People don't give him credit cos they only think of Yaya Toure , David Silva or Kevin De Bruyne as key midfielder making things happen but Samir Nasri was hugely important in our early dominance... Sometimes he underperformed and could be frustrating the odd game but when he made things happen he didn't quite get the plaudits, due to other headline makers cos of Aguero scoring or Yaya going on a mazy run or a beautiful Silva assist.

When he left as I remember it Pep defo wanted him to stay here as a squad player in a backup role to begin with, Nasri unsurprisingly for a player of his age and defo unwisely felt he needed first team football when Pep would've probs got the best out of him... I think he now regrets not staying here as he defo loved his time here and his career has massively nosedived plus Pep loves players with his attributes, he was a Pep type player who foolishly didn't wanna be a Pep player at the end but I'll always have pretty good memories of his time here and so should many others too!

Last edited:
Brilliant in 2013-14. One of the major reasons why we won the title that year. Naturally gifted. I always enjoyed watching him.
Attitude not quite right at times. Should have had a bigger career than he did. With all his clubs. It wasn't a problem with City. It was a problem with himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.