Samir Nasri

I loved him, nothing better than watching the opposition try and take the ball away from him and Silva. Poetry in motion.
Fair enough, I'm not questioning his quality (while he was here, at least) just never took to him as person, as a City type personality.

Nasri had the talent to be one of the top players in the world, but never did it consistently. Did great for us overall and scored key goals in big games, Sunderland, Chelsea, West Ham. Sadly throughout his career at both club and international level he fell out with people and came across as a bit of a diva. I always thought that he seemed a bit caught between his cultural background and the bling superstar football lifestyle. But a great signing for us and wish him well.

His winning goal against Chelsea in 2012 will be my fondest memory.
Moi aussi.
Also remember in the 13/14 title winning season he was on fire and then at St James a Newcastle defender took him out at the third attempt and he suffered a serious injury and never seemed to fully recover.
Another memory (think it was 12/13 season) when he got dropped by a 6'13" Norwich defender at Carrow Road and as he got up in a bit of a huff his head grazed chin of the defender and he got sent off LOL.
And to the Arse fans:
He's won the league twice
He's won the league twice
Samir Nasri
He's won the league twice.
PS Anyone else remember his miss in the last seconds against Sunderland at home towards the end of the 13/14 season and we all thought the title had gone?

I would have loved to have seen him under Pep if Pep arrived in 2013.

He was the best player in Spain for half a season when Sampaoli put him in CM for Sevilla, then he had the whole drip doctors thing...

Great talent but ultimately unfulfilled due to being a bit of a knob, no wonder he was good mates with Yaya. Brilliant at times for us and a master at keeping the ball. Also a shitbag who lost us a huge derby.
Daft comment. You know he’s a knob how ?

I always thought he brought the best out of Yaya when they played together.

I used to enjoy the moments when they'd just have a game between themselves and pass it back and forth 10 times between each other on the edge of the opposition box trying to get a defender to make a move or get lazy.

Also it feels like most of Yaya's long range goals came from a little lay off from Nasri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.