Samir Nasri

I remember when City were on the ropes to qualify for the CL last 16 after losing to CSKA and the final match was away to Roma.

I was working on a University away day at a resort hotel in Scotland. The meal was over as the match had started and a group of us went in search of a TV with Sky(?) Sports. We found one that was supposed to have it but it was switched off. We eventually got a staff member to get in working early in the second half. City needed at least a draw assuming that Bayern beat CSKA.

It was 0-0 when the picture came on. Shortly after Nasri scored and Pablo later added a second. It was a great memory.

Peach of a finish in our first title win to break the deadlock against Spurs. Put through by Silva as I recall

Frustrating at times but far far far too many people forget how good he was in the 2 title seasons, particularly 13/14 when him, yaya and dzeko dragged us through Feb/mar/April. I think his media image unfairly tainted what he actually achieved with us.

I saw some guy on Facebook earlier saying he was the worst city player he's ever seen, absolutely fucking mind boggling.

Frustrating at times but far far far too many people forget how good he was in the 2 title season, particularly 13/14 when him, yaya and dzeko dragged us through Feb/mar/April. I think his media image unfairly tainted what he actually achieved with us.

I saw some guy on Facebook earlier saying he was the worst city player he's ever seen, absolutely fucking mind boggling.
Lee Bradbury says hi

He was a member of the side that provided us all with THE GREATEST moment in football history. Of course, I'm talking about QPR. For that he's a legend.

On his day he was a great player and he played a big part in us in a couple of seasons. His goal against Sunderland in the League Cup final was superb. On his day, he'd get into this City team as he could pass, dribble and score and was able to pull something out of the bag. He did well for us overall.

In my mind though I will always regard him as a typical ex-Arsenal player and just like his ex-Arsenal teammate Adebayor. Both of them had the ability to be some of the best players in the world, but their attitude and temperament held them back for me. Nasri should've been better than he was.

All that said, he's had a great career and I wish him all the very best in retirement!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.