Samir Nasri

I’m presuming you witnessed Nasri live every week. If you did you must surely remember the games where he utterly failed to turn up? The games where you knew he had the talent but it wasn’t on show. The games where players of lesser technical ability got MOTM awards and scored goals.

He played in a fantastic City team and he could have become a legend like Sergio and David Silva. His ability was there, without question but I’m comfortable using the word ‘frustrating’ because that’s exactly what he was.
Yes ,agreed.there were those games mate.and I know exactly what you mean.But when speaking of an any ex City player ,you have the choice to remember the good games or the bad.
Title winning Football teams/squads have always relied upon less talented players to pull them thru when the going gets rough.
I just choose to remember the better Nasri days.....and the footage of the 5-1 away win at Spurs,brought back a lot of good memories.

That was Football of the highest quality.

I know your a long standing Blue...I,d been to Tottenham so many times with City and bin deflated,.That day we turned up,under Mancini and smashed Spurs to bits in their own back yard.we were razor sharp,on a different level,precision passing,diagonal runs,we controlled the game from start to finish.this was a Masterclass.Yaya Silva Sergio Nasri ripped Spurs to bits...,basically outclassed them...,Nasri supreme...
Why would I, as a Blue...choose to forget that and remember games where he wasn't on his game.
When Nasri Silva and Yaya were on their game,bossing central midfield with intricate passing movements,,that made me proud.Any midfielder knows how good it feels to be in control of a match,..away from home..,silence the crowd( that's what Liverpool used to do to us back in the day at Maine road ) it was just magic.

So yes,when I look back,Nasri is a part of some of the Finest football I've ever seen.
That's my take on his career I respect yours.

A great footballer Nasri , I was buzzin when we signed him , he produced some magic moments but overall his personal desire and hard work stopped him being top drawer……

Yes ,agreed.there were those games mate.and I know exactly what you mean.But when speaking of an any ex City player ,you have the choice to remember the good games or the bad.
Title winning Football teams/squads have always relied upon less talented players to pull them thru when the going gets rough.
I just choose to remember the better Nasri days.....and the footage of the 5-1 away win at Spurs,brought back a lot of good memories.

That was Football of the highest quality.

I know your a long standing Blue...I,d been to Tottenham so many times with City and bin deflated,.That day we turned up,under Mancini and smashed Spurs to bits in their own back yard.we were razor sharp,on a different level,precision passing,diagonal runs,we controlled the game from start to finish.this was a Masterclass.Yaya Silva Sergio Nasri ripped Spurs to bits...,basically outclassed them...,Nasri supreme...
Why would I, as a Blue...choose to forget that and remember games where he wasn't on his game.
When Nasri Silva and Yaya were on their game,bossing central midfield with intricate passing movements,,that made me proud.Any midfielder knows how good it feels to be in control of a match,..away from home..,silence the crowd( that's what Liverpool used to do to us back in the day at Maine road ) it was just magic.

So yes,when I look back,Nasri is a part of some of the Finest football I've ever seen.
That's my take on his career I respect yours.

He was outstanding at Tottenham, always nice to smash them, especially as they gave him so much stick that day!

He was also pivotal in one of my favourite ever derby goals, the one when Sergio scored into the South Stand whilst facing the North Stand. Absolutely brilliant.

He was outstanding at Tottenham, always nice to smash them, especially as they gave him so much stick that day!

He was also pivotal in one of my favourite ever derby goals, the one when Sergio scored into the South Stand whilst facing the North Stand. Absolutely brilliant.
And don't forget his cracking goal v Chelsea in the cup semi final at Wembley .Others have called him a big game player,I'd never thought of him as such,but on reflection , it's probably correct.

FBmZ0BHXsAYrNZt
vs BGUS_2161440_006.jpg
Samir 34 yo vs Zlatan 40 yo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.