Samuel Umtiti

No thanks. We targeted him when we played them last season as he is shit with the ball at his feet. Just because he plays for Barca does not mean he is a great player, no idea how he gets in their team unless he has improved 10 fold with the ball

What do you mean by shit with the ball at his feet?

He makes the most passes in the Barca team and has the second best pass completion in the team so I assume you don't mean his ability to find a team mate with his feet?

What do you mean by shit with the ball at his feet?

He makes the most passes in the Barca team and has the second best pass completion in the team so I assume you don't mean his ability to find a team mate with his feet?
CBs always have the best pass completion rate in a team like that. Can he make the sort of passes that Otamendi and Stones have sometimes been making this season that take out the entire midfield?

Not seen much of him, but not looked great when I have.

Anybody itk got an opinion ?

FCBarca ?

Quite certain he's not going anywhere. Player is valued by the club, a bonafide starter and is very settled even without the addition of other French teammates. Only reason he's being mentioned has to do with his increasingly reasonable buyout clause from his original contract. He's behind Pique & Roberto in terms of contract renewals as this is done in an organized manner but even without the recent VVD sale the club has been aware they have had to improve his paltry 60 million buyout since October. Player assured the club he is committed and so there has been no urgency to address his contract ahead of others

As a player/CB, I love Umtiti and couldn't imagine anyone else playing that left side of the central defense for Barcelona. In short, it's clickbait rumours

Quite certain he's not going anywhere. Player is valued by the club, a bonafide starter and is very settled even without the addition of other French teammates. Only reason he's being mentioned has to do with his increasingly reasonable buyout clause from his original contract. He's behind Pique & Roberto in terms of contract renewals as this is done in an organized manner but even without the recent VVD sale the club has been aware they have had to improve his paltry 60 million buyout since October. Player assured the club he is committed and so there has been no urgency to address his contract ahead of others

As a player/CB, I love Umtiti and couldn't imagine anyone else playing that left side of the central defense for Barcelona. In short, it's clickbait rumours

Thanks for that FCB .

CBs always have the best pass completion rate in a team like that. Can he make the sort of passes that Otamendi and Stones have sometimes been making this season that take out the entire midfield?

Otamendi v Bournemouth
DSObwtXW0AI9srp.png:large

Umtiti v Olympiacos
DSObboaWAAIcshH.png:large

Umtiti v Atletico
DSObNHrX4AAvqkt.png:large

Umtiti v Valencia (away, playing on the right-side of defence)
DSOa8EDWkAA3hLA.png:large

Umtiti v Malaga
DSOaolRW4AEjjwe.png:large

I think so...

I think you are right about the click-bait (and his quality). The only slight concern for you if City are interested is will Barca pay him what City will and does he fancy playing in the English League?

being used for a new deal i expect

Agreed Karen. He's one of the few left-sided centre backs who can pass and Barcelona have learned their lesson with release clauses. Me thinks he'll sign a new deal before the season's up

I think you are right about the click-bait (and his quality). The only slight concern for you if City are interested is will Barca pay him what City will and does he fancy playing in the English League?

I always remind people when they talk about transfers, that meeting a fee or offering a big contract does not equate to closing a deal - a player has to want a move and Umititi is very settled. Yes, these things can always change and with his buyout fee now being quite reasonable in this market it would normally make me nervous without the combination of how happy I see the player here and key club sources (i.e. Miguel Rico) confirming his renewal is not a concern

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.