Samuele Ricci

MCFCFanTX

Manchester City are weighing up a move for Torino’s Samuele Ricci as they adjust to a season without Rodri after his anterior cruciate ligament injury.

The 23-year-old Ricci has been central to Torino’s surprise ascent to the top of Serie A and excelled in the holding midfield role for Italy in their 3-1 win in Paris against France this month. Although he can play in a variety of midfield positions, he is emerging as one of the best young, deep-lying playmakers around and is high on City’s list if they decide they need to make a move in January to cover Rodri’s absence going into the busiest part of the season.

Ricci would also be seen as a prudent long-term addition and, given his fee could go as high as £30m, he would not be a mere stop-gap. City have to decide whether to accelerate their summer plans because of Rodri’s injury.

Did not see a thread on this lad even though, he has been discussed in other threads.

Personally feel he would be a really strong signing. Fits the age and need profile. He's been one of the best DM's so far in European football.

Huh, seems like known quantity in football, atleast Italian football and it is first month i know about him and i follow new talents which could make a impact for us

Ricci playing as a number six is optimal when assessing his skill set, when compared to various positions he has played in previous seasons. Upon observation, Ricci is a ‘ball-retainer’, a player who gains great skill when keeping hold of the ball when under pressure.

Torino play Lazio at 11:30am BST. I think I'll tune in to see how he does. By all accounts, he was utterly superb for Italy against France in the Nations League last month.

Is there no six foot plus number sixes out there who are quality because all the ones we linked to are under six foot that player Villa bought from Everton looks pretty good Onana young six foot five defensive midfielder! Shame would been good for us

We had a great one in Douglas luiz

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.