San Siro crowd control

Yeah me and the Mrs were with you in Bootleg Tues then in New York Weds. The blonde bimbo...
Legend, seen you lot everywhere didn’t I, hope you had a good trip mate them two went home Thursday I got home this afternoon bloody night mate trip home!

"Manchester City Football Club is cognisent that some fans who traveled away to the Atalanta game were not entirely satisfied by their treatment when accessing the stadium before kick off. Any fans who were dissatisfied are encouraged to email their details to Support Services including Supporter Number and any evidence of their wrong doing, and the club will ensure this does not happen again by eliminating their access to future games".

Last edited:
Can you imagine Istanbul if we got there? F**k that!
The Turks would be absolutely fine with football fans for the final . I’ve seen first hand how they handle a Galatasaray -Fenerbahçe match and they take no shit .
But they are even handed . If you’re a knob, you’ll be treated like one . I’d be far happier going to Istanbul than I would be going back to the shit show that is Madrid .

You don't think any of this treatment is a reflection of the type of individual that graced Europe with its royal presence back in the 70s and 80s and, probably, it's continuing behaviour in the present day ?
The biggest single reason English fans abroad are treated this way is our own england fans, and how the behave away from home. Almost everywhere they go there seems to be trouble from too much booze (and the rest), so other countries police forces and stewards think that club fans are the same (a few are I suppose), as we're english, we must all be england fans, so we deserve it. Luckily the German police seem to have a far more relaxed attitude, at least until it kicks off, and generally there are no real issues in Germany with the police.

I wasn't going to post in this thread, however, I feel some balance appears to be needed.
Four of us arrived at the ground and wandered around the home end bars and food stalls drinking and chatting with the home fans for about an hour.
We had absolutely no problems.
We entered the City part through the side gates before they were closed, they then formed part of the fencing from the car park to the entrance, strangely we were then asked to go back Into the carpark with the rest of the queuing City fans.
Bizarrely we had to show our passports to get in the City queue.
When the gates opened we were in the first fifty or so and apart from the fact they removed my lighter but allowed me to keep my cigarettes we had absolutely no issues at all.
It would appear to me that the Police and Stewards wanted everyone in the ground as early as possible and in Europe this is actually is the norm and most non English fans love being in the ground hours before.
If I had not had my grandson with me I probably would have had a few more beers and been later getting into the gate.
The Police and Stewards appeared to have become more frustrated and aggressive the nearer it got to kick off.
I genuinely think that foreign Police and Stewards do not understand English fans and that we go to these away games mainly for a good piss up and a laugh and see the fact that some of us think it is a bit like a City home game where we can roll up just before kick off and get in the ground quickly, this happens every week at the Etihad especially in south stand where I sit, and they seem to think we are just taking the piss getting there late.

In no way am I defending the actions of the Italian Police and Stewards but I also think some City fans need to understand that European stadiums operate in a totally different manner than English ones and our fans need to adapt a little to this as well.
I have been to loads of Citys always in Europe from the 70's and found that if you get there early and relatively sober the chances of having issues with foriegn police and steward are definitely minimized.
After the game I expected to be kept I much longer than we actually were and half expected no transport back to Milan central station but we actually arrived back In Milan just as the team bus arrived at the hotel.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to post in this thread, however, I feel some balance appears to be needed.
Four of us arrived at the ground and wandered around the home end bars and food stalls drinking and chatting with the hone fans for about an hour.
We had absolutely no problems.
We entered the City part through the side gates before they were closed, they then formed part of the fencing from the car park to the entrance, strangely we were then asked to go back Into the carpark with the rest of the queuing City fans.
Bizarrely we had to show our passports to get in the City queue.
When the gates opened we were in the first fifty or so and apart from the fact they removed my lighter but allowed me to keep my cigarettes we had absolutely no issues at all.
It would appear to me that the Police and Stewards wanted everyone in the ground as early as possible and in Europe this is actually to be the norm and most non English fans love being in the ground hours before.
If I had not had my grandson with me I probably would have had a few more beers and been later getting into the gate.
The Police and Stewards appeared to have become more frustrated and aggressive the nearer it got to kick off.
I genuinely think that foreign Police and Stewards do not understand Englush fans and that we go to these away games mainly for a good piss up and a laugh and see the fact that some of us think it is a bit like a City home game where we can roll up just before kick off and get in the ground quickly, this happens every week at the Etihad especially in south stand where I sit.
In no way am I defending the actions of the Italian Police and Stewards but I also think some City fans need to understand that European stadiums operate in a totally different manner than English ones and our fans need to adapt a little to this as well.
I have been to loads of Citys always in Europe from the 70's and found that if you get there early and relatively sober the chances of having issues with foriegn police and steward are definitely minimized.
After the game I expected to be kept I much longer than we actually were and half expected no transport back to Milan central station but we actually arrive back I Milan just as the team bus arrived at the hotel.

We got there 50 mins before the game which I believe is in good time. No details on the ticket regarding which gate to use. Asked a local steward who informed us it was number 10. Arrived at number 10 40 mins before kick off only to be told to walk around a great big car park to queue up further away From gate 10! This took 20 mins to get to. Got pushed and shoved around for no reason and missed our goal!
Decent people are going to leave these games alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.