Sara Rowbotham

BigJoe#1

For some reason an interesting thread about the "Three Girls" was deleted, supposedly for moderation.... whatever that means.

Still deleted it has been.

The subject however was extremely important and in my view should be up for reasonable debate on all good forums.

One point of general consensus was the fabulous and tireless work that was done by Sara Rowbotham was not recognised correctly and to think that such a conciencous person such as she should have paid with her job is beyond believe. Still there is now a national petition to ger her and her work recognised. From what I read in the thread, I'm sure the majority of members in here would probably like to sign it.

https://www.change.org/p/greater-ma...publish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

Maybe the people who deemed (probably with justification) the thread unsuitable and deleted it might even make this a "sticky" for a week?

Here is the text from the link....

Sara, the Sexual Health Worker was fundamental in collecting evidence involving the Rochdale Grooming Gangs.

This evidence along with the brave survivors of the abuse own statements was dismissed time & time again by GMP & CPC.

Years later some of the men were jailed because of this evidence, without a doubt without Sara & her team this prosecution would never of happened.

Sara was not only removed from her role as a Sexual Health Worker with young children she was later made redundant from her post.

The very lady who believed these children,supported these children, never once dismissing these children or gave up on these children was tossed aside!

No member of the GMP or CPS were ever held accountable individual or collective for failing the children in Rochdale but the one person along with her team paid the under hand price of their failings,being excluded from further involvement of cases and finally losing their jobs.

Sara and her team should be applaud by not only GMP & the CPS but the government and crown for her services for young people along with the recognition of their work Sara and her team should be the highest advocates for future national guidance surrounding the grooming of children.

The children of Rochdale were failed time and time again along with Sara and her team!

The thread you refer to was moved because far too many contributions were inappropriate.The topic is important and makes for good discussion so,to those who wish to comment,please keep this one respectful.
Thank you

Just completed watching this. A must watch for anybody dealing with young people. I have never felt so angry watching a dramatisation. To think this went unchecked for so long! Shameful.

Whilst the action she took with regards to Child Exploitation was welcomed, I cannot bring myself to sign a petition to have this recognised. The reason for this is that she is currently a Local Councillor in Rochdale - and along with most other Councillors she has voted for a 34% increase in her expenses. This 'payrise' is at a time when Council employees are losing their jobs; frontline services are being reduced and therefore, as a consequence, the vulnerability of many service users is adversely affected

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.